British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 29

Oh but you could have held such influential and brilliant "I told you you wouldn't like it!" bragging rights! Silly Griffindor. :(

Hahaha, brilliant.

Oh GOD, yes. My mum ALWAYS asks, 'what did he say?'

And I reply 'ooh, I didn't hear mum'. Rather than the truth, which would invariably be 'well mother, he said he wanted to stick his arm up her c**t up to the the elbow whilst sucking her dog off.'

Quote: Timbo @ October 30 2008, 7:38 PM BST

I think "supposed to be" is the key phrase there. Personally I have always found the assumption that everyone under the age of 16 is under some sort of nine o'clock televisual curfew a little naive.

There's a big difference between 16 and 'preteen' and at the end of the day it is up to parents* to monitor what their younger and more vulnerable children are watching. I don't believe all television should be U rated because children may be watching.

* or uncles or grandmothers for that matter :)

Quote: zooo @ October 30 2008, 8:28 PM BST

Oh GOD, yes. My mum ALWAYS asks, 'what did he say?'

And I reply 'ooh, I didn't hear mum'. Rather than the truth, which would invariably be 'well mother, he said he wanted to stick his arm up her c**t up to the the elbow whilst sucking her dog off.'

Laughing out loud

I just go with "You don't want to know."

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ October 30 2008, 8:45 PM BST

I don't believe all television should be U rated because children may be watching.

* or uncles or grandmothers for that matter :)

I agree. I just find Ross a bit gratuitous, which makes it difficult to justify, and that has consequences. I suspect his recent misdemeanour will lead to a backlash that results in less freedom of expression for more talented performers.

Which is the fault of the complainers and the TV people for listening to them, not any of the performers.

Quote: zooo @ October 30 2008, 8:57 PM BST

Which is the fault of the complainers and the TV people for listening to them, not any of the performers.

It is not wise to play into the hands of your enemies. And it is frankly annoying when an arrogant twat delivers you into the hands of your enemies.

So with Ross being suspended for 12 weeks (ridiculous imo) will this ruin his career or can he bounce back.

I wondered what you all think.

He might decide not to bother.

I'm trying to think how I'd feel. Bit humiliated. Is he supposed to come back all shamefaced, or what...?

Notoriety tends to promote rather than damage careers these days.

If anything it'll boost him. Just hope he doesn't f**k off to another channel.

I think the performers have to take some responsibility. It was pretty crass. Is this the kind of "entertainment" you want? I don't.

Well I think that's why the BBC suspended him and not fired him as they realize that another channel would snap him up.

Quote: zooo @ October 30 2008, 10:08 PM BST

I'm trying to think how I'd feel. Bit humiliated. Is he supposed to come back all shamefaced, or what...?

There would be a temptation to think sod them and go to ITV/C4 but a far cooler approach would be to wait the 12 weeks and then walk back onto the set of Friday With to a standing ovation which is what he'll get without a doubt.

This country seems in need of a Colbert Report to highlight the right wing medias power over the easily manipulated.