British Comedy Guide

Brand, Ross and Sachs Page 26

I think Brand and Ross should be sacked. Despite what Sach's grand daughter does, there is no right to be abusive to an elderly man about his grand daughter. If anyone thinks it is funny, they are fools. Brand and Ross are pissing in the public's face and calling it entertainment.

I can't believe people are still talking about this when there are far more important things going on in the world. Like Joachim Phoenix retiring from acting to concentrate on his music career. Why aren't we talking about that?

Quote: James Turner @ October 30 2008, 4:24 PM BST

I think Brand and Ross should be sacked. Despite what Sach's grand daughter does, there is no right to be abusive to an elderly man about his grand daughter. If anyone thinks it is funny, they are fools. Brand and Ross are pissing in the public's face and calling it entertainment.

Damn then call me Mr FOOL.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 30 2008, 2:17 PM BST

Or having sex with you?

You'd be too busy compulsively vomitting in order to post.

Quote: chipolata @ October 30 2008, 4:28 PM BST

Like Joachim Phoenix retiring from acting to concentrate on his music career.

Joaquin.

Fawlty Towers is funny. Brand and Ross aren't, all they do is talk about their 'celebrity'.

Quote: chipolata @ October 30 2008, 4:28 PM BST

Like Joachim Phoenix retiring from acting to concentrate on his music career.

Oh christ, no . . . . When will actors learn to stick to acting? Did they learn nothing from Keanu Reeves? Did Russel Crowe die in vain?

When you say you are a professional screenwriter James, have you got something coming out we should be looking out for?

Quote: James Turner @ October 30 2008, 5:05 PM BST

Brand and Ross aren't

To you, obviously they are to a great many others.

Marc P, I haven't anything out yet. But I do have a few deals in the pipeline, it'll be in the low budget category. I've also been to LA for a few pitches.

I'm working on a revenge drama at the moment. I'm sending the finished script to a few actors. The short film I made 'A Salesman of Death' got some attention.

Professional in the sense that I have been close to getting deals and I am completely devoted to getting one. Maybe I bigged it up too much.

Quote: James Turner @ October 30 2008, 5:10 PM BST

Marc P, I haven't anything out yet. But I do have a few deals in the pipeline, it'll be in the low budget category. I've also been to LA for a few pitches.

I'm working on a revenge drama at the moment. I'm sending the finished script to a few actors. The short film I made 'A Salesman of Death' got some attention.

Sounds good James. I always fancied going to LA and doing a deal but as it is I moved near to Cromer! :(

Quote: Marc P @ October 30 2008, 5:24 PM BST

Sounds good James. I always fancied going to LA and doing a deal but as it is I moved near to Cromer! :(

It's like death by a thousand cuts with you, isn't it?

Hey Marc, you should really think about going for a holiday just to make contacts. If you are from a different country you tend to get a bit of attention. The hustle over there is enjoyable and very common practice. I'll PM you a few things about LA if you want.

A filter is needed for the complainers of this issue...if they can pass through the screening below then complain away:

Can you formulate a complaint without (comically, one assumes) saying Woss instead of Ross?

Have you heard the broadcast (not read it) in its entirety?

Can you complain without reference to how much Ross (notice the use of an R) gets paid?

Can you make comment without feeling obliged to inform us that neither of those involved are funny when you clearly mean YOU don't find them funny.

Can you show evidence for having given as much effort to the destruction of Ross and Brand as (at least) one other figure from current news articles (any number of murders, rapists, dictators, etc would suffice)

If you can....crack on.

Pete's my new friend.

(Whether he wants to be or not.)

If I knew any unconvicted murders or rapists I am sure I would take the trouble to phone up to complain about them; and Zanu PF tend to be less sensitive to criticism than the Beeb.

And if I don't find someone funny they are not funny; just as if I don't find someone attractive they are not attractive.

To be honest I think the amount of THEIR money an unfunny presenter with poor diction and a potty mouth gets paid to make programmes they do not want to watch or listen to, is with most complainers, the core issue.

Persoanlly I can't be arsed to complain, but I'll laugh my tits off if Wossie gets his comeuppance.