British Comedy Guide

Script Night

Well, I got an email last night informing me that my submission, Departures, has made the final cut and is due to be performed at Cento Productions 'Script Night' (theatre showcase thing-y)!

Woohoo!

What it does prove is that just because a 15-minute script was rejected from The Sitcom Trials, doesn't mean it won't appeal to someone else. I had to put in a (extremely, extremely tenuous) reference to 'Harvest Festival' as that was the theme of the evening, but I just replaced the ridiculous self-deprecating Sitcom Trials reference (that Bussell warned me about, to be fair).

Anyway, it's being performed up in Millenium Square in Leeds on 31st Oct/1st Nov. I would go (as I'm from up around there anyway) but I'm in Turkey until the 2nd. Bollocks...

Tickets are £7, if anyone's interested and box office number is 0113 224 3801. Someone let me know if they're going, as I wouldn't mind knowing how it translates to the stage.

NOTE: As a hopefully encouraging reference to everyone who's been rejected (script-wise, I can't help you with your sex lives), one of my other notable successes (a sketch on BBC7's Play & Record) previously failed to get anywhere on BBC Radio 4's Recorded For Training Purposes. It shows that, however hard stuff is to take, if you believe in it, there is still hope.

Ta

Dan

Well done, Dan. It's the little sitcom that could.

Congratulations Dan!

And you're right, just because one or two people don't rate something, doesn't mean it isn't any good.

See, I told you that was a tasty script!

For services to your ego I will claim my compensation in pretzels.

Muchos Grassy Ass all.

Pretzels? You said schnitzels earlier. What am I supposed to do with all this pork???

Dan

Well done Dan! Hope it goes well but a real shame you can't be there to see it.

What is the deal with the showcase - are they inviting industry bods, or can you now invite industry people to go along and see it? Also, will you be able to chat to the director at all to get any useful feedback on your script that comes out of rehearsals?

And totally agree that one rejection doesn't mean bin the piece.

Cheers Griff

No idea at the moment. I've emailed them to ask stuff so let's see how receptive they are to emails (before they ban me for constantly annoying them and take my script off the running order...)

Dan

Well done Dan. Wave

Def.

Well done Dan, what a gutter that you wont be around to see it. No chance of sending a minion with a clever hi tech video tie to film it?

Just an idea...

Says a lot about your tenacity and purpose, well done again!

Cheers Def, DM

Yeah, the minnions (sis, bro-in-law, Mum) are currently being coerced into going...

:)

Dan

Congratulations Dan, nice one man.

Wow, so cool. :)
Leeds is mega-miles away from me though.

Yeah, it's mega-miles away from me (Guildford) but I'm originally from Bradford.

It's mega-mega-miles away from Turkey too, which is really the main problem...

Dan

Well done indeed Dan, congratulations.

Great news, well done!
AND, you get to go on holiday! You're a jammy bugger!