British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 6,195

My dad turns 80 in a few weeks

Apparently he got a letter in the post yesterday saying that on turning 80 he is entitled to an extra 25p a week on his state pension

How the other half lives..

Quote: lofthouse @ 2nd August 2024, 2:46 PM

My dad turns 80 in a few weeks

Apparently he got a letter in the post yesterday saying that on turning 80 he is entitled to an extra 25p a week on his state pension

How the other half lives..

What a generous Government.

I had a fly in my car for 3 days. The cheeky bastard would land on my nose as I was driving.
All four windows down and he still wouldn't buzz off - even if he was on the window as it went down.
I'd get in the car on a morning forgetting about Freddy and sure enough ZZzzZZzz.
It's a sad story. I heard my dog clamp his jaws together in the back seat and it seems FF was no more.

After having issues with my eyes I've started taking vitamin supplements

But I think I may have gone overboard

I now have in my cupboard vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, Lutein, Bilberry, omega 3 fish oil and zinc

Quote: lofthouse @ 27th August 2024, 6:24 PM

I now have in my cupboard vitamin A, vitamin B, vitamin C, vitamin D, vitamin E, Lutein, Bilberry, omega 3 fish oil and zinc

Probably explains your blinkered reading.

I appreciate the bilberry reference. They grow on the moors apparently?

On a personal note I have been jobseeking for months now and the only jobs I've managed to secure are Wetherspoons (I lasted 3 shifts: the 2am finshes and 7am starts allied to covering three floors of waitressing were punishing on my middle-aged body. The zero hours contract care home carer's job was a non-starter.

Every office job seems to attract 100 applicants, such as the one I applied for this afternoon showed on LinkedIn. It's brutal.

Try being the chamois wringer-outer for a one-armed window cleaner.

Probably best to be over 65 (or whatever the relevant age is nowadays - 87?). I can recommend it.

I've just been having an argument on Facebook.

I said that today (September 3rd) marks the 85th anniversary of World War II. He argued it started on 1st September when Germany invaded Poland. I said that we declared war on 3rd as Germany invaded on 1st. He said invasion is an act of war. (Not according to Russia in Ukraine).

Not another Woke remake. Think I preferred Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub

Quote: Will Cam @ 3rd September 2024, 8:18 PM

Not another Woke remake. Think I preferred Pugh, Pugh, Barney McGrew, Cuthbert, Dibble and Grub

lol