British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 6,171

I was supposed to be drinking an overpriced beer at LAX at this very moment, but my son tested positive for Covid six hours before my flight, so I rescheduled for three weeks later. Now I have to go back to the office. :(

Bad luck.
it's still knocking around, sadly.

I'm in the path of the annular solar eclipse, so it's strangely dark inside my house. About 20 minutes until the sun is blocked completely. (As completely as it can be, in an annular eclipse.)

Just started smoking a pork butt. In about 12 hours I'll have 8 pounds of pulled pork.

Here's a photo of Saturday's solar eclipse.

Weird how the moon is almost exactly the right size to cause this effect. Almost makes me believe that there is a supreme being and that s/he has a flair for art.

Another indicator is that water expands at freezing point so Ice floats, I doubt our world would survive if ice sank.

God moves in a mysterious way,
    His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
    And rides upon the storm.

Quote: billwill @ 16th October 2023, 3:58 PM

Weird how the moon is almost exactly the right size to cause this effect. Almost makes me believe that there is a supreme being and that s/he has a flair for art.

Next April I'll be in the path of a total solar eclipse, and the sun will be blocked completely. I know people in a small town directly in the path of totality, and their homes are renting for $5000/week - eclipse tourism is a big thing, apparently.

Quote: lofthouse @ 16th October 2023, 4:04 PM

God moves in a mysterious way,
    His wonders to perform;
He plants his footsteps in the sea,
    And rides upon the storm.

Cor Got anuffer, mister.

Has anyone else received an email supposedly from Microsoft saying there will be a system upgrade.
If this message is ignored we will close your account.
Seems very dodgy to me.

They publish the dates of their upgrades on their official website, so you can check there Chappers. It depends which version of Windows or which application. Also check the e-mail sending address comes from them and it's got a padlock lock symbol (i.e. it's a safe sender) at the beginning. That's all I know, others on here might know more.

I get an email everyday saying some Russian person has logged onto my email account

It's total horse shit

Just found this posted on Facebook.

Don't like what Aaron has become a selfish non caring thug

Double-jabbed.
Feeling OK at the moment.

Quote: Chappers @ 17th October 2023, 4:21 PM

Just found this posted on Facebook.

Don't like what Aaron has become a selfish non caring thug

Who posted that, zooo? 🤓

:D
Chappers, did you mean to include a link or something??