British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Status report Page 6,157

Quote: Lazzard @ 13th May 2023, 5:14 PM

It's restricted to a much smaller group - over 75's, people with certain conditions etc.
Plus those who haven't had one before - though I think we're down to hardcore anti-vaxxers now, so I shouldn't imagine there'll be many takers.
Not sure it's a cost issue , more a "let's pretend it's gone away" issue.

Our pharmacies, grocery stores, and billboards are all advertising "free Covid vaccines," but I think most people have decided that they're not very worried about it anymore. I imagine we've thrown out millions of expired doses, but hopefully, we're donating them to other countries before they expire.

It's restricted to a much smaller group - over 75's, people with certain conditions etc.

Which I qualify for on both counts - I and one other had booked an appointment at a local chemist (no mass injections at a sports centre this time) and the other three (elderly) were walk in off the street, with no appointment, which disgruntled the other chap with me when they went in before us. I wasn't bothered though, as I had my crossword and a pen, so was quite happy.

Still feeling rough, and will have to give serious thought to the next one combined with the flu jab in October, which the chemist informed me about

That's my problem with the vaccines. I had the first 2 covid ones and was ill for 2/3 days each time.
Then eventually they declared it does not give immunity. Whereas when I was a kid, the compulsory vaccines did give you immunity against all the prevalent diseases.
They were rushed to market (and I know it was Hobson's choice) and now there are plenty of reports of long-term side effects.
I'm no anti-vaxxer but I'm not knowingly going to make myself ill for a vaccine that does not immunize you.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th May 2023, 4:08 PM

Had my Covid booster jab yesterday. It has never affected me before, but bloody hell, it has this time!! Got no strength, and it's a trial to do anything. 😒

I didn't know they were doing this and I work for the NHS. Not be rude Herc (Honestly!) but did you get this because you're really old?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 14th May 2023, 12:52 AM

Which I qualify for on both counts -

Quote: Chappers @ 15th May 2023, 2:26 PM

I didn't know they were doing this and I work for the NHS. Not be rude Herc (Honestly!) but did you get this because you're really old?

Keep up Dave - dementia kicking in?

I woke up this morning and the hair on one side of my hair was blue. I thought it might have something to do with my chemo or radiation, it turns out I had been scratching my head with a leaky pen.

Is that a side effect of writer's block or are you of an age where you need an excuse for a blue rinse ?

The only thing that blocks my writing is the production companies I send it to :)

I've had to go to a barbecue on Sunday. Does anyone REALLY enjoy barbecues?

All that macho "a woman's place is in the kitchen but a MAN cooks outside. I'd rather eat up at a table with a knife and fork.

Just thinking. My children haven't got ADHD, Asbergers or Autism. Does that mean there's something wrong with them?

Quote: Chappers @ 19th May 2023, 7:15 PM

I've had to go to a barbecue on Sunday. Does anyone REALLY enjoy barbecues?

All that macho "a woman's place is in the kitchen but a MAN cooks outside. I'd rather eat up at a table with a knife and fork.

I'd rather eat something that has a better than 50% chance of not giving me food poisoning. Rather than something that is burnt on the outside and uncooked on the inside. By all means, if it's a nice summer's day, eat outdoors (wasps permitting). But for goodness sake cook it indoors and carry it out.

(Much like the Two Ronnies of old, I'm answering the question before last...)

Quote: Chappers @ 24th May 2023, 8:12 PM

Just thinking. My children haven't got ADHD, Asbergers or Autism. Does that mean there's something wrong with them?

I'd get them checked out, as it seems these days you can't go along in life without some initials to blame your behaviour on.

Most of the posters here suffer from acute G.O.M. syndrome.

Quote: zooo @ 24th May 2023, 11:16 PM

Most of the posters here suffer from acute G.O.M. syndrome.

Go on, I'll buy it...............