British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Status report Page 6,155

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th April 2023, 4:14 PM

Big day for us chicken keepers.
National 'Flockdown' has been lifted and the ladies can go outside again.
Eight very happy hens.

I see on the news though, some of the larger free range egg people are very cautious, as I would be if previous I'd lost thousands of chickens in a cull - you have to sympathise with them

I'm faintly dubious about that, as some 'free range' producers have been allowed to keep their free-range status, despite being essentially barn - raised. So they get to charge a premium, without the hassle of 'proper' free-range.
I think some of them quite like that.
I will miss the nice clean eggs, though - but its good to see them enjoying the sunshine.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th April 2023, 4:56 PM

I think some of them quite like that.

And who can blame them with the state of farming in general these days - see yer, wouldn't want to be yer, and the one I saw on the news today, had to put a "Barn Raised" sticker on every Free Range box.

Popped outside of my friend's house to watch this morning's SpaceX launch from Cape Canaveral. It was a bit cloudy, but the flames and contrail were easily visible. We're about 40 miles from the launch site, so about eight minutes after the launch we could hear the roar, and it rattled the windows for about 15 seconds.

I love rockets and space exploration.

Quote: DaButt @ 19th April 2023, 3:50 PM

I love rockets and space exploration.

Yep.
We should have been doing more.
The guy who's slated to go on the next manned flight to the moon was on the radio.
He wasn't born when the last guy was up there.
What a missed opportunity.

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th April 2023, 4:00 PM

Yep.
The guy who's slated to go on the first manned flight to the moon was on the radio..

Fixed it for ya!

There's always one.

Where's that Conspiracy Theorist vaccine?

Quote: Lazzard @ 19th April 2023, 4:00 PM

Yep.
The guy who's slated to go on the next manned flight to the moon was on the radio.
He wasn't born when the last guy was up there.
What a missed opportunity.

Blimey! Haven't we made enough of a mess of this planet without starting on all the others?

Saw Wilco in St. Augustine last night, and they brought out Derek Trucks for two of the encore songs. Impossible Germany sounded great with four guitars.

Interesting. I didn't get the alarm but my partner next to me did.

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2023, 3:11 PM

Not surprised - you been unzipping your fly again!?

Quote: Chappers @ 23rd April 2023, 3:11 PM

Do you have a smart phone. And does he/she?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 23rd April 2023, 5:18 PM

Do you have a smart phone. And does he/she?

Yes - we both do. Me and her. Apparently though I'm not the only one. Loads of others said the same which defeats the whole object of it I think.

In Windsor today for the races. Very busy in the town. Must be something happening this week.