British Comedy Guide
Please consider donating to help British Comedy Guide produce quality comedy coverage. Thank you. Find out more

Status report Page 6,152

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2023, 11:31 AM

That picture is taken through my electronic repair magnifying lamp. The PCB is tiny and the components even smaller.
5 minutes micro surgery with a rework hot air gun to replace 2 blown resistors and it's back working perfectly.

I don't have the dexterity to work with surface-mount components, but a few months ago my neighbor's newish 70-inch TV was fried by a lightning strike, so his insurance company bought him a replacement. They told him to throw it out, but I suggested that we open it up and take a look. The only obvious damage was a blown capacitor on the power supply board, which the manufacturer had thoughtfully coated with a thick plastic blob, so I couldn't work out the value of a replacement. But a quick Google search for the PCB number turned up a $19 replacement. We slapped it in and now he has another TV.

Not my best day, it started with a solution to clear my bowels for a colonoscopy and ended with me being told I have a tumor. So now I wait to see what the biopsy and scans say.
Its late and I'm sad so I'll try and be more positive and get down to some drama writing as I love to write but I don't feel all that funny at the mo.

Quote: Teddy Paddalack @ 22nd March 2023, 11:28 PM

Not my best day, it started with a solution to clear my bowels for a colonoscopy and ended with me being told I have a tumor. So now I wait to see what the biopsy and scans say.
Its late and I'm sad so I'll try and be more positive and get down to some drama writing as I love to write but I don't feel all that funny at the mo.

Best of luck, sir. Hopefully, it's something benign and/or easily treatable.

Anyone who is of the appropriate age and hasn't had a colonoscopy yet, get off your ass and get a camera stuck up your ass ASAP. I have some friends who are trying to take the "manly" position of refusing a colonoscopy, and I worry about them.

Sorry to hear that Teddy. It must be very worrying for you. If it helps, I understand over 90% are benign and my father survived his cancer by over 28 years. It's the uncommon cancers you want to avoid. The abnormal growth that caused my Dad most pain was his wife. Catholics weren't allowed to cut out those tumours out. I've had a camera up my bum quit a few times, so the evacuation and the warning signals are the worst part. But I totally understand why you would be worried, we worried about our father for the 28 years + he remained married to our mum. On the upside (assuming you're an Everton fan) statistically there's more chance of Liverpool falling out of the Premiership AND Everton surviving this season. Best wishes.

Hang in there, pal.
As has been said - the odds are in your favour

Sorry to hear that Teddy

All the best mate 👍

The NHS get a lot of stick - but they'll cure you Paddy. That tumor is in a world of shit :)

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 22nd March 2023, 11:31 AM

Shark vacuums.

We bought one just over a year ago. An excellent piece of kit - it does what it says on the tin.

It cleans sharks?

Good luck.

Took my dog to the vets yesterday morning. He hadn't poo'd for 3 days.
He was in distress and trying to go all the time.
She (the vet) squirted a syringe full of some clear goo down his throat and said take him for a walk, I'll take about an hour to work.
If not, come straight back.
20 minutes later, just starting to walk on the moorlands - it worked. I'm not going into detail but boy did it work.

🤣💩💩💩💩💩💩💩

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 29th March 2023, 10:11 AM

Took my dog to the vets yesterday morning. He hadn't poo'd for 3 days.
He was in distress and trying to go all the time.
She (the vet) squirted a syringe full of some clear goo down his throat and said take him for a walk, I'll take about an hour to work.
If not, come straight back.
20 minutes later, just starting to walk on the moorlands - it worked. I'm not going into detail but boy did it work.

Did he have a big grin on his face?

A relieved look for sure.
I ran out of poo bags.

Quote of the day

Kathy Burke:

"I love being 'woke'
It's much nicer than being an ignorant f**king twat."

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th March 2023, 9:05 PM

Kathy Burke:
"I love being 'woke'
It's much nicer than being an ignorant f**king twat."

But what if you're a woke, ignorant f**king twat? The planet is crawling with them.

Always been a big fan of her work, but after seeing the recent documentary she made on getting old, I realise she is losing the plot.