British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,493

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 7:51 PM BST

Try some jokes, rwayne.

Shhh...

I like BCG.

Quote: AJGO @ May 30 2012, 7:52 PM BST

Hmph. Okay

:D Nope, and I haven't suspected anyone of doing so as yet. Just wondering if there were any particular interests.. Since I'm badgering you to attend, it's only polite for me to briefly glimpse over, for example, boat making in the fifteenth century with a view to navigating by the stars and catching dodos, or whatever brings out the joyous rwayne :)

I'm almost always joyous...too much so, really.

That's why I come one here, I'm guaranteed to see nonesensical, stupid and ignorant remarks. Little boys trying to be big men and people who were bullied at school trying to bully others in this very safe environment.

Balances me don't you know.

Quote: rwayne @ May 30 2012, 7:57 PM BST

Balances me don't you know.

Are you normally unbalanced? ;)

Quote: rwayne @ May 30 2012, 7:04 PM BST

Obviously I'm not a 'real' man because I have no fascination with guns

Women like guns, too. Sunday I sat at a table of 6 women and they were all discussing the guns that they owned or wanted to buy and they made plans to take the concealed handgun test together this summer. Also in attendance was a 10-year-old girl who recently received a child-sized .22 rifle for her birthday.

Quote: DaButt @ May 30 2012, 8:04 PM BST

Women like guns, too. Sunday I sat at a table of 6 women and they were all discussing the guns that they owned or wanted to buy and they made plans to take the concealed handgun test together this summer. Also in attendance was a 10-year-old girl who recently received a child-sized .22 rifle for her birthday.

Of course. My point, taken in the context of the others, was a fascination with guns for a man in a country with no ready access to them apart from their 'shoot 'em up' video games that they are far too old to be playing.

Quote: rwayne @ May 30 2012, 8:07 PM BST

Of course. My point, taken in the context of the others, was a fascination with guns for a man in a country with no ready access to them

To be fair, RC lived here for a few years and seems quite knowledgeable about the subject. Can't expect him to just throw away a hobby/interest, can you?

Plus I do have access to firearms. They don't belong to me and I do have to take a train to an undisclosed location, but I have shot a vast array of legally owned pistols, rifles and shotguns in this country.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 8:15 PM BST

Plus I do have access to firearms. They don't belong to me and I do have to take a train to an undisclosed location, but I have shot a vast array of legally owned pistols, rifles and shotguns in this country.

For 'undisclosed location' read 'gun club'... you sexied it up nice though.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 8:15 PM BST

Why? What's the attraction?

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 8:18 PM BST

You know why!... we all know.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 8:23 PM BST

Who's "we"..?

All the people on this site. Wasn't that obvious from 'we all'?

Sorry I really can't make things any easier to understand.

Quote: Stylee TingTing @ May 30 2012, 8:18 PM BST

Because it's fun. Just ask one of my nation's leading gun control proponents, Senator Charles Schumer -- he seems to be having a great time firing a weapon that he wants to ban:

Quote: rwayne @ May 30 2012, 8:20 PM BST

You know why!... we all know.

There you go, generalising again. You do know that I am supposed to be the undisputed king of blanket statements on the BCG? (and no, you can't be my Queen)

As for the reasons that I go shooting...it's fun and takes skill and patience to master. Yep, no different from people who like to play golf. Sorry to disappoint.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ May 30 2012, 8:33 PM BST

There you go, generalising again. You do know that I am supposed to be the undisputed king of blanket statements on the BCG? (and no, you can't be my Queen)

As for the reasons that I go shooting...it's fun and takes skill and patience to master. Yep, no different from people who like to play golf. Sorry to disappoint.

If you are trying to 'come out' by repeatedly referring to me as a woman then I have to tell you I'm really not interested in you in that way. Though I'm sure your fears are largely unfounded about your own sexuality.