British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,475

Lol, hmm. I've never heard that word before, so it's not the one I was thinking of. But it's probably more accurate. Ta!

Quote: zooo @ May 23 2012, 7:12 PM BST

Lol, hmm. I've never heard that word before, so it's not the one I was thinking of.

Fast military jets use a stick.

Getting a bit tired of the old dyspraxia. It's such an odd disability. Probably the most noticable bit is the screwy short term memory. Basically I can process short, quick information very swiftly. But anything more complex and I find myself reading and rereading stuff and the information not going in.
It's been my bane at work and has really put me off going for any sort of promotion in years. I just know I'll get caught out.
So of late I've been going for on line writing jobs. And after building my rep on elance by doing lots of "1000 funny captions for $150" and "50 jokes for $100" find myself invited to try out for a much more interesting job writing ap content. I get the email with the task on it.
Read it, reread it. It's not going in. Shit.

Thanks for bearing with me.

Quote: zooo @ May 23 2012, 7:12 PM BST

Lol, hmm. I've never heard that word before, so it's not the one I was thinking of. But it's probably more accurate. Ta!

I thought it was just called the gearstick. They never tested me before they let me fly that plane

Quote: AJGO @ May 23 2012, 7:19 PM BST

I thought it was just called the gearstick.

I don't think they shift gears all that much on aircraft. ;)

Joystick?

I have thus far called it 'the controls'.
Very specific, me.

Quote: AJGO @ May 23 2012, 7:19 PM BST

I thought it was just called the gearstick. They never tested me before they let me fly that plane

No but Tescos banned you for refusing to get out of the Budgie the Helicopter simulator and making all those kids cry.

Quote: sootyj @ May 23 2012, 7:18 PM BST

Thanks for bearing with me.

Aw. Sooty: everyone's favourite dyspraxic.

Thanks all though I'm sure there's someone more famous than me and more popular.

Quote: zooo @ May 23 2012, 7:07 PM BST

I went outside for 10 whole minutes. Then there was an insect, so I went back indoors.

P.S. What the heck is that thing called in a plane that the pilot pulls back and forward to make the plane go about its business?

Yoke or Joystick

Joystick sounds a bit Commodore 64!

But I shall make a note.

Quote: sootyj @ May 23 2012, 7:27 PM BST

Thanks all though I'm sure there's someone more famous than me and more popular.

Fred West?

It does not feel like it's 7:40. More like about 3.

Quote: DaButt @ May 23 2012, 7:23 PM BST

I don't think they shift gears all that much on aircraft. ;)

Then how do they take off and land, and go a bit quicker in the air when everyone's asleep and not looking out the windows to notice?

Quote: sootyj @ May 23 2012, 7:26 PM BST

No but Tescos banned you for refusing to get out of the Budgie the Helicopter simulator and making all those kids cry.

F**k them. Did they bring their own goggles? No.