British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,106

Quote: zooo @ November 3 2011, 1:08 AM GMT

I don't think I've ever had jam on a crumpet.

Mentalist. That's what Jesus created them for.

What about the toasted muffin?

I don't know if anyone else does this but the kids have got a liking for cheese on toast at the moment. Rather than use a grill (like normal people) I put a couple of bits of bread in the toaster and then in a mug I put smallish cubes of cheese and then nuke for 20-30 seconds in the microwave so it's spreadable.

On the microwave note if you have a soft cookie that's gone a bit hard put in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and it gives it back that 'just cooked taste'. :)

Quote: zooo @ November 3 2011, 1:08 AM GMT

I don't think I've ever had jam on a crumpet.

I don't like the texture of crumpets, that spongy feel...bluegh. Muffins though with butter, jam, cheese, anything really, are lovely.

Summoning energy to go to shop and get essential recovery junk food. Always forget that the late Autumn switch to red wine hurts. Sat on the same table as Stephen Merchant at the pub (for about three minutes) :)

;) Whoooo! name dropper.

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2011, 1:52 AM GMT

Tonight I made a cheddar, avocado and apple sandwich on French bread that was still warm from the bakery. It was much better than I'd expected.

Mmm sounds good.

Quote: Marc P @ November 3 2011, 9:55 AM GMT

I am partial to baked beans on crumpets.

Also a real winner is maple syrup. It's like a pancake without all the palaver.

Crumpets are the best! I can't remember trying baked beans but I'm sure it's lovely.

In the Black Country we call them pikelets . .

:|

I thought they were like scotch pancakes or small crumpets.

Yes pikelets are thinner and different texture.

Quote: AJGO @ November 3 2011, 12:09 PM GMT

Sat on the same table as Stephen Merchant at the pub (for about three minutes) :)

You should have laid him out.

Quote: Oldrocker @ November 3 2011, 1:11 PM GMT

In the Black Country we call them pikelets . .

:|

isn't that wot you call a young chav

Quote: Tuumble @ November 3 2011, 11:40 AM GMT

I don't know if anyone else does this but the kids have got a liking for cheese on toast at the moment. Rather than use a grill (like normal people) I put a couple of bits of bread in the toaster and then in a mug I put smallish cubes of cheese and then nuke for 20-30 seconds in the microwave so it's spreadable.

On the microwave note if you have a soft cookie that's gone a bit hard put in the microwave for 5-10 seconds and it gives it back that 'just cooked taste'. :)

It's like a culinary revolution. I love cheese on toast. Try grating the cheese and adding some Worcestershire Sauce. Then garnish with sliced olives. It is scrummylicious.

After watching An Idiot Abroad I thought cheese on toast was a Karl Pilkington invention. Guess it's a real thing, eh?

I like toast and I like cheese so I guess I'll give it a try. Is the toast buttered?

Quote: DaButt @ November 3 2011, 4:18 PM GMT

After watching An Idiot Abroad I thought cheese on toast was a Karl Pilkington invention. Guess it's a real thing, eh?

It is, and quite, quite disgusting. I think being fed it constantly as a child is why I don't like cheese in hot meals these days.