British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,102

Quote: Shandonbelle @ October 31 2011, 1:10 PM BST

It's a cute stuffed dog Nogget, I don't think it matters to him what flag it is.

Sorry, I was confusing it with one of these.

And your problem is? It's not actually that one but similiar..jeez.

Ellie is facing "after work party" fear... turns out I wasn't that bad.;

Loving today's Google home page. Awesome!

I would just like to say that after spending the best part of a year 'doing' my house up and renting it out (finally) I have now returned to haunt you all once again...but especially tonight...and especially you Ellie. (I now have your face attached to my blow up doll by the way.)

Welcome back roscoff Wave

Quote: roscoff @ October 31 2011, 2:35 PM BST

I would just like to say that after spending the best part of a year 'doing' my house up and renting it out (finally) I have now returned to haunt you all once again...but especially tonight...and especially you Ellie. (I now have your face attached to my blow up doll by the way.)

Yey! Welcome back hubby! <3

My son has been in California for the last 4 months and tonight I'm going to miss him because I'll be stuck at home handing out candy instead of drinking beer on a hayride with the other fathers while they "supervise" their kids' trick or treating activities.

Just carved a pumpkin.

I seriously don't understand how people manage the intricate designs, maybe they have special tools, but when I do it I'm incredibly lucky if I get a recognisable triangle for the eyes. There's absolutely no exactness possible. Knife slips around all over the place.

Quote: DaButt @ October 31 2011, 4:45 PM BST

My son has been in California for the last 4 months and tonight I'm going to miss him because I'll be stuck at home handing out candy instead of drinking beer on a hayride with the other fathers while they "supervise" their kids' trick or treating activities.

I personally hate trick or treating however that 'Hayride' sounds a bit of a wheeze :)

Quote: zooo @ October 31 2011, 4:49 PM BST

I seriously don't understand how people manage the intricate designs, maybe they have special tools

Yesterday about 20 kids got together and carved pumpkins on my neighbor's driveway while the parents supervised and drank beer. Surprisingly little blood was shed but one of the fathers managed a great headless horseman design by using a Dremel.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dremel

Quote: zooo @ October 31 2011, 4:49 PM BST

Just carved a pumpkin.

I seriously don't understand how people manage the intricate designs, maybe they have special tools, but when I do it I'm incredibly lucky if I get a recognisable triangle for the eyes. There's absolutely no exactness possible. Knife slips around all over the place.

Bah! You're British - it should have been a tumshie.

A what now?

We used to carve turnips. Did others do that or were we just weird and northern?

Quote: Nat Wicks @ October 31 2011, 6:53 PM BST

We used to carve turnips. Did others do that or were we just weird and northern?

You were (are) just weird and northern.

Aren't turnips solid all the way through?