British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 4,059

Quote: DaButt @ September 20 2011, 11:47 PM BST

Steamed broccoli is one of my favourite vegetables. It's fantastic as long as it's not cooked down to mush.

Chiese style with chilli and fishballs.. awesome. Google Ken Hom's recipe! Actually don't I just tried and it doesn't come up. Still great though :)

Quote: Marc P @ September 21 2011, 7:36 AM BST

Chiese style with chilli and fishballs.. awesome. Google Ken Hom's recipe! Actually don't I just tried and it doesn't come up. Still great though :)

I bought a Ken Hom 18" Wok some years ago. It came with an instructional video. His very first piece of advice was "When choosing a wok, don't pick one bigger than 16" Eh?

:D

Quote: Will Cam @ September 21 2011, 8:59 AM BST

I bought a Ken Hom 18" Wok some years ago. It came with an instructional video. His very first piece of advice was "When choosing a wok, don't pick one bigger than 16" Eh?

*Waits for Sootyj to change wok, to cock

Quote: Will Cam @ September 21 2011, 8:59 AM BST

I bought a Ken Hom 18" cok some years ago. It came with an instructional video. His very first piece of advice was "When choosing a cok, don't pick one bigger than 16" Eh?

He loves you long time

Quote: DaButt @ September 20 2011, 11:39 PM BST

food coma.

They have an actual work for a food coma in Dutch... think it's a "dipya" (sp?).

doesn't disapoint

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ September 21 2011, 1:12 AM BST

Sexually aroused by toast? Toast?!

Surely the human brain isn't so malleable that sexual arousal by toast is possible?

I'm going to have to rethink everything.

Just agreed in principle to do some voluntary work as an events co-ordinator for an epilepsy charity. Yes, yes, I know - I'm a saint. I've got a meeting during the first week in October to discuss it further.

:)

Oooooohhhh, is it a national charity or a local one?

Quote: Tuumble @ September 21 2011, 3:28 PM BST

Just agreed in principle to do some voluntary work as an events co-ordinator for an epilepsy charity. Yes, yes, I know - I'm a saint. I've got a meeting during the first week in October to discuss it further.

Resist to urge to make offensive joke.

Quote: Tuumble @ September 21 2011, 3:28 PM BST

Tip, when co-ordinating an epilespsy event do not once try to hold a "brainstorm".

Quote: Nat Wicks @ September 21 2011, 3:42 PM BST

Oooooohhhh, is it a national charity or a local one?

It's these guys: http://www.ncype.org.uk/

I have a mild form of epilepsy so it seemed to be the right thing to do.

BTW, in my ongoing fight to make sense of life I've started a new blog. I aim to make it largely fun by focusing on my challenges with reaching middle age but it will also help me track my progress, provide me with a writing routine and potentially material for my 'off-and-on' book I talked about a while back

http://potato-rot.blogspot.com/

The title might seem odd but it's an amalgamation of things: I have a head like a potato and I talk rot being just two. My pseudonym Edward King is play on words on the potato variety but also harks back to my aborted sitcom pilot, Coach Potato.

Did I mention potato?

Family birthday at Will Cam's house. Bout 20 people about. Will Cam is anti-social hiding in the bedroom until his absence is discovered.

Ha, that's the sort of thing I do.