British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,724

Quote: Will Cam @ May 23 2011, 10:03 PM BST

Will Cam has either made the best decision of his life, or the worst. My mortgage is finished next July/August. I have just put an offer in on a second property (releasing equity from my current house). I am intending taking out a mortgage over 15 years. It's a buyers market at the moment so if I rent it out (covers bout half the mortgage) and prices rise again in the near future I might make a good profit (well I won't because the plan is to sell it to my lad in 5 years time for the price we paid for it to help him on to the property ladder). WTF am I doing >_<

Rent it for 5 years. Then sell to kids.

Playing a blinder by the sound of things.

Quote: Tuumble @ May 23 2011, 9:41 PM BST

Police are breaking into a flat across the street. It's either a brazen flaunting of their authority or something rather more unsettling. Hopefully the occupants are OK. :(

Maybe it's just a cannabis factory.

Mmmm

Quote: sootyj @ May 23 2011, 10:05 PM BST

Playing a blinder by the sound of things.

By f**k I hope so!

My boy Charlie has what he calls 'Bedroom Syndrome'. It's a condition where you apparently get poisoned if you lie down. In reality it's what's going on outside that's keeping him from going to sleep.

Hey Tuumble they aint cops.

They're Stagecoach's elite paramilitary enforcers "The Bus Stop Gang."

Run before they punch your ticket.

Quote: sootyj @ May 23 2011, 10:12 PM BST

Hey Tuumble they aint cops.

They're Stagecoach's elite paramilitary enforcers "The Bus Stop Gang."

Run before they punch your ticket.

Runaway! :D

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 23 2011, 10:05 PM BST

*grumbles* I have about 27 years left on mine. :(

My wife nagged me into overpaying the mortgage which meant we knocked 4 years of it (was 25). Its surprising how much interest you save.

I'm lucky I can afford what I'm paying now. Just hope the interest rate stays where it is.

My only saving is I basically live in my coffin.

50 minutes later the Police are still trying to get into the flat. A more heavy handed approach is being prepared it seems.

I'm hoping this isn't the rapid response team...

They're in! Panel broken at the bottom of the door and a be-helmeted officer is inside...

Nice parenting!
Mine would never do that.

Quote: Tuumble @ May 23 2011, 10:33 PM BST

50 minutes later the Police are still trying to get into the flat. A more heavy handed approach is being prepared it seems.

I'm hoping this isn't the rapid response team...

They're in! Panel broken at the bottom of the door and a be-helmeted officer is inside...

Eep, what will they bring out...?

So does that mean reinforced doors? In which case it's definitely drugs.

Quote: keewik @ May 23 2011, 10:35 PM BST

So does that mean reinforced doors? In which case it's definitely drugs.

Maybe they're just worried about being broken in to, by police.