British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,686

Quote: bigfella @ May 9 2011, 9:12 PM BST

My daughter has five overdue libary books.

5p a day.

Hope she can find them. Don't want a knock on the door.

Rob has just booked a train ticket to Leeds for 3 weeks time. £80 flipping quid. As a high-falutin' Londoner, he is fairly sure he could buy the whole of Leeds for that.

It cost me £60 to get to London from Coventry two years ago.

Quote: TopBanana @ May 9 2011, 10:01 PM BST

Shame we were all about to send you to coventry

Quote: TopBanana @ May 9 2011, 10:01 PM BST

But surely that's due to the forces of supply and demand given that everyone with an ounce of sense is queueing up to leave Coventry.

I was! I don't live there, but £60 seemed a fair price to pay to get the heck away.

Quote: Griff @ May 9 2011, 10:06 PM BST

We really need a QI alarm on this board.

sootyj, the Alan Davies of the World Wide Web.

Quote: Rob H @ May 9 2011, 10:07 PM BST

sootyj, the Alan Davies of the World Wide Web.

Laughing out loud

Christ, this place has become almost completely intolerable recently (for several reasons - my presence on here being only a minor one). If even Aaron and many of the mods seem tired of turning-up, that's surely some kind of sign to the rest of us?

I suspect that the BCG has "jumped the shark". And not in an amusing way - like the "jumping the shark" episode of Happy Days... but in the most unamusing way - like the "jumping the shark" episode of Two Pints.

I think it was Rob Rouse* who wrote... 'The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity' - that just about sums things up.

:(

(*either him or WB Yeats, I forget which)

What's your point, Tim?

;)

Quote: Tim Walker @ May 9 2011, 10:26 PM BST

Christ, this place has become almost completely intolerable recently (for several reasons - my presence on here being only a minor one). If even Aaron and many of the mods seem tired of turning-up, that's surely some kind of sign to the rest of us?

I suspect that the BCG has "jumped the shark". And not in an amusing way - like the "jumping the shark" episode of Happy Days... but in the most unamusing way - like the "jumping the shark" episode of Two Pints.

I think it was Rob Rouse* who wrote... 'The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity' - that just about sums things up.

:(

(*either him or WB Yeats, I forget which)

That's your diagnosis, what's the cure? Eh?

Is Tim blaming Vader for the death of BCG????

Quote: TopBanana @ May 9 2011, 10:29 PM BST

What's your point, Tim?

;)

Don't really have one, do I? *shrugs*

Think I'm probably just "too old for this shit". :(

You're a good 'un, Tim,

Stay with us new young turks.....