British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,670

Quote: Ben @ May 3 2011, 9:28 PM BST

Ben went for an Indian buffet on his own earlier after storming out of his girlfriend's place due to an argument over how best to cook a pie. We're worse than Ike and Tina.

Ha! But what was the argument REALLY about?

As if the bloke is going to be able to answer that!

Has 3 episodes of The Office to watch. :D

Understands that one of them is Steve Carell's last. :(

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ May 3 2011, 2:02 PM BST

Yay Nat! I just bought a blazer for my costuuume.

Nobody uses a 't' followed by multiple 'u's without my say so! ;)

Quote: Ben @ May 3 2011, 9:28 PM BST

Ben went for an Indian buffet on his own earlier after storming out of his girlfriend's place due to an argument over how best to cook a pie. We're worse than Ike and Tina.

:D

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 3 2011, 10:49 PM BST

I'm going to wait for Stott's side of the story before passing comment.

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud

I asked Max Brown, the star of out of off of the next series of Spooks, if he was a stunt man this morning. In fairness, he had just jumped off my neighbour's balcony.

Happy Star Wars day, May the 4th be with you, etc etc.

Here's a video I took exactly one year ago- Imperial March of the Penguins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gdVApqHS2oE&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ May 4 2011, 11:00 AM BST

I asked Max Brown, the star of out of off of the next series of Spooks, if he was a stunt man this morning. In fairness, he had just jumped off my neighbour's balcony.

Maybe he was shagging the missus, when your neighbour came home?

Okay. Application for voluntary severance submitted. Roughly ten days to hear whether it is accepted.

Still having fun on the tube. Today I was trying to get the escalator at Oxford Circus. For those of you not familiar with the tube there is an unwritten rule who is sorted of back up by London Transport - stand on the right and leave the left hand sise clear for people who wish to walk/run up and down the escalators. This usually works well until a crowd of Italian school child block the whole length. I was late leaving the office and its a tightly timed journey to hit the mainline connection so I usually don't stand on the right. I tend to take the steps on the left two at a time. Today there were a couple of businessman lounging on the left. I nipped past on the right and I am positive I didn't touch of either of them. However, I was pursued to the top of the next escalator by one of them who grabbed me by the shoulder and berated me for being so rude as to push past him. I did try to point out that actually he was causing an obstruction and I merely went round him but to no avail. Result? I arrived on the next platform in time to touch the outbound train but not board it. I'm starting to wonder, is it me?

I had that the other day.

2 staircases at Finchley road 1 with some people coming up, the other with a couple blocking the full width. As they maneuvre their armoured personel carrier cum twin carrying bugaboo monstrosity.

So I go back up and start going down the second set of stair case. Grumping posh bird and pseudo boho outfit with an enormous face glowers at me and snarls

"I suppose you expect me to get out of the way?"

I reply

"Yes"

And point to the couple and their mechanized baby transportation unit.

She snarls and giveway.

To think if I'd pushed her down the stairs and jumped on her enormous head, I'd have gone to prison!
These things make me realise why Americans are always tooled up.

Quote: KLRiley @ May 4 2011, 5:16 PM BST

Today there were a couple of businessman lounging on the left. I nipped past on the right and I am positive I didn't touch of either of them. However, I was pursued to the top of the next escalator by one of them who grabbed me by the shoulder and berated me for being so rude as to push past him. I did try to point out that actually he was causing an obstruction and I merely went round him but to no avail.

Bastards.
Don't worry, some day a Londoner will kill them horribly.

But no sympathy for me eh?

Off to the fortress of solitude for me then (aka the cave of sulking.)

The wife is going to a Psychic evening tonight - I hope Si doesn't mind.

This gag will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

I knew you were going to say that,

Quote: sootyj @ May 4 2011, 5:55 PM BST

But no sympathy for me eh?

Off to the fortress of solitude for me then (aka the cave of sulking.)

Aw. I thought you'd made it up as a comedy rant!

In that case: bloody massive pram bastards!