British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,654

I very much doubt that I will. My dad is a policeman, and so tattoos were a no-no for him, but only if visible. He therefore has a tat on his bum. I can easily cover something on my shoulder, and I've had numerous teachers with tattoos - the only profession I'm really thinking about. I've wanted it for about three years, but I am a scaredy cat so it may never materialise.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 29 2011, 8:22 PM BST

I very much doubt that I will. My dad is a policeman, and so tattoos were a no-no for him, but only if visible. He therefore has a tat on his bum. I can easily cover something on my shoulder, and I've had numerous teachers with tattoos - the only profession I'm really thinking about. I've wanted it for about three years, but I am a scaredy cat so it may never materialise.

Whatever you decide two very important points:
1. Don't ever get a name tattooed or you could end up like Johnny Depp with Wino on you forever.
2. Best to go to a tattoo parlour that will do you while you wait.

Why the latter?

>_<

I'm confused. :( Sorry. I think I get it but. :( I will leave now.

My input.

Make sure you reeeeeally want the design, if there's ANY doubt then don't.
Try to go to a parlour recommended by a trusted friend.
Make sure you listen to any instructions given to you on how to clean and take care of it while it's healing.

I don't actually get it either.
I think it was a joke.

I think it's pretty clear.

I am going in to get him to draw it on Tuesday. If it does not look okay then it will not happen. I am terrified, but I always try to back out of things so we shall see...

What do mummy and daddy Scats say?
Daddy can't really say anything, with his bum.

(Yes I know I should reword that, can't be bothered.)

Quote: KLRiley @ April 29 2011, 8:25 PM BST

1. Don't ever get a name tattooed

It's OK as long as it's your own name and you never plan to become a spy or identity thief.

I tattooed my name on my leg when I was 15 after finding a bottle of India ink and some sewing needles in my parents' desk drawer. Big mistake. Teary

Neither mind at all. My mum wanted one for ages too, but she is a bit like me in that she wants to do things but ends up chickening out.

Another tip: Don't tattoo your name, if it is also a word meaning horny.

Quote: Scatterbrained Floozy @ April 29 2011, 8:35 PM BST

I am terrified, but I always try to back out of things so we shall see...

It's not that bad, a bit like someone dragging a needle across your skin (which it is).

Quote: zooo @ April 29 2011, 8:39 PM BST

Another tip: Don't tattoo your name, if it is also a word meaning horny.

Laughing out loud

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 29 2011, 8:39 PM BST

It's not that bad, a bit like someone dragging a needle across your skin (which it is).

I always worry I'll hear the gun start going, then run out.