British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 3,327

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 14 2011, 5:18 PM GMT

Parrots get pretty angsty, aparently.

You're just repeating something somebody else has said.

My parents had a Yorkshire Terrier who had a taste for alcohol. My dad had to stop putting his tankard of cider on the floor as he'd go to pick it up and Toby would have his head in it. He also used to jump up onto the sofa and onto the cushions to get to my glass of wine/vodka and coke etc (that's the dog, not my dad).

Quote: chipolata @ January 14 2011, 5:15 PM GMT

Don't anthropomorphise animals. Humans are the only things to feel angst. And we feel enough of the stuff to make up for every animal in the animal kingdom.

Animals have complex emotional lives.

It's why huntings fun.

Do any of you cat owners know how I can stop cats fighting and pooing in my garden other than killing them?

Get a dog!

Pop bottles with water in, old CDs and orange peel are all supposed to deter cats from gardens. Don't know how well they work.

Get a cat. Then the other cats will stay away.

I think there's a few things (like fertilisers?) that you can put in your garden that aren't harmful to animals, but that cats don't like.

I know it's not exactly the best thing in the world, but is a cat pooing in your garden really that awful? They bury it, unlike any other animal.

They don't really bury it, they just kick it a bit.

Ben is looking forward to a couple of glasses of vino and watching Down Terrace tonight.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 7:13 PM GMT

I know it's not exactly the best thing in the world, but is a cat pooing in your garden really that awful? They bury it, unlike any other animal.

And dig up your flowers in the process.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 7:13 PM GMT

Get a cat. Then the other cats will stay away.

I think there's a few things (like fertilisers?) that you can put in your garden that aren't harmful to animals, but that cats don't like.

I appreciate I may seem petty or OTT about it, but it is a serious problem. They don't bury it. The only time they have done that is years ago when the children were small and we had a sand pit, which we had to get rid of because of the poo and then when we were doing building work we had piles of sand in the garden, which they used as their toilet. If we go out we have to park up the road when we come back so that we can clear it off the drive. It's all over the garden so even hanging the washing out involves a clean up first. Getting a cat or dog isn't an option. We've put up with it for over twenty years but it's getting worse as our neighbours get more cats. I can't clear it up which means I can't get into my own garden unless there is someone here willing to do it. We bought an expensive gadget on the advice of an 'expert' which was supposed to emit noises that scare them off. They sit on it.
It would be funny if it weren't so annoying but added to the noise they make at night it's way past being a joke. Genuine advice appreciated.

Ah, they are naughty cats.

I don't have any advice that I know works, cos I've not wanted to dissuade cats from my garden. Is a shame you've got such loud cats near you! The ones round here are well behaved.

Hopefully someone has some ideas.

People always mention that tiger manure stuff from garden centres. God knows if it works.

Is it one set of neighbours that have all the cats? Are they friends, and have you mentioned it to them? Maybe they could put a pile of sand in their garden which could possibly direct a bit less of the poo your way.

I'd be really embarrassed if my cats were pooing on someone's driveway like that.

You'd have to put a nappy on this f**ker.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 8:10 PM GMT

Ah, they are naughty cats.

I don't have any advice that I know works, cos I've not wanted to dissuade cats from my garden. Is a shame you've got such loud cats near you! The ones round here are well behaved.

People always mention that tiger manure stuff from garden centres. God knows if it works.

Is it one set of neighbours that have all the cats? Are they friends, and have you mentioned it to them? Maybe they could put a pile of sand in their garden which could possibly direct a bit less of the poo your way.

I'd be really embarrassed if my cats were pooing on someone's driveway like that.

It's several neighbours but there are two cats who are the main culprits. They are huge pedigree cats, stunning to look at and very well behaved at home. They are very friendly too. One of them got into our son's bedroom one night and was asleep on his pillow when he went to bed. We don't encourage them but perhaps we don't discourage them enough. Suggesting a pile of sand in their gardens might be an option. It's awkward, we get on well with our neighbours and I don't want something like this to spoil things as it seems so trivial. Not heard of tiger manure, will investigate.

Get a nasty unspayed tom.

Quote: zooo @ January 14 2011, 8:10 PM GMT

AHEM

Quote: Nat Wicks @ January 14 2011, 7:11 PM GMT

Pop bottles with water in, old CDs and orange peel are all supposed to deter cats from gardens. Don't know how well they work.