British Comedy Guide

Status report Page 2,750

Yowza.

Easy-peasy!

It's from an American cook book, which uses cup measurements (silly yanks) Rolling eyes But a cup = 110g (I think?)

3/4 Cup Peanut Butter
1/3 Cup Oil
1 Cup Brown Sugar
1/4 Cup Milk
2 Teaspoons Vanilla
1 Cup Plain Flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/3 Cup peanuts.
Oh, and add loads of chocolate chips!!!!

Mix together Peanut Butter, Sugar, Oil, milk, vanilla, choclate chips. Then add Flour salt B-powder. Mix until really thick (like tar). Spread onto a baking tray sheet thing. Spread it out because it should be so thick it won't go itself. Sprinkle on extra peanuts and press them down. Cook on 180 for 25mins (but check after 20mins) Let it cool completely and melt chocolate on top and leave in fridge to harden.

Then send me some. NOMN NOM NOM!!

I'm so trying that.

Oh, and I highly recommend you double the recipe.

And hence double the size of your arse.

Quote: zooo @ September 20 2010, 3:26 PM BST

I'm so trying that.

Oh, you should zooo. They are awesome. We had to use dark chocolate on top, because of Lady-Leevil and her Vegan ways. But I insisted we use Vanilla (Soya) Milk make it a Milk chocolate. Which I recommend if ya can get flavoured milk (or milkshake).

Oh, wait a minute. You're not vegan. Never mind Pleased

I am making Dan get the ingredients.

Quote: Leevil @ September 20 2010, 3:24 PM BST

But a cup = 110g (I think?)

A cup does not equate to a specific weight; a cup is a measure of volume. Also, dry measurements are not the same as liquid measurements.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/convert/measurements.html

Quote: DaButt @ September 20 2010, 3:37 PM BST

A cup does not equate to a specific weight; a cup is a measure of volume. Also, dry measurements are not the same as liquid measurements.

http://www.exploratorium.edu/cooking/convert/measurements.html

Yeah, we have a chart like that. But it's easier to explain or jump between English and American references when you set yourself a certain system.

Cup. Weird.

I'm sure I'd hate it, but I'd quite like to try those. Sans-chocolate topping. Looks like it's chewy, like fudge.

Yeah, it's quite chewy. Was reminding me of a rice-crispy square type texture. But I don't really like those, so better than that lol Pleased

Quote: Leevil @ September 20 2010, 3:40 PM BST

Yeah, we have a chart like that. But it's easier to explain or jump between English and American references when you set yourself a certain system.

Applying an arbitrary value is a sure way to botch a recipe, I'd think. You call a cup 110 grams, but a cup of water weighs 236 grams. That's off by a factor of 2.

Don't your measuring devices have markings for multiple units? My measuring cup has metric markings in addition to U.S. units.

Quote: Aaron @ September 20 2010, 3:47 PM BST

Cup. Weird.

Stone. Weird. ;)

Err ... rock?

Quote: DaButt @ September 20 2010, 4:01 PM BST

Applying an arbitrary value is a sure way to botch a recipe, I'd think. You call a cup 110 grams, but a cup of water weighs 236 grams. That's off by a factor of 2.

Don't your measuring devices have markings for multiple units? My measuring cup has metric markings in addition to U.S. units.

Um, they're small plastic cups. 1 Cup, 1/2 Cup, 1/4 Cup, 1/3 Cup. Is all I have. I don't know Randy, you're confusing me with your logic!

I normally follow the recipe and use cups. I only guessed the weight with the assumption that not everyone following the recipe I posted had cup measurements to use. I'm aware that dry and liquid ingredients are different. I have a chart pinned up with all the conversions on :D But like I said, most of the time I just follow the recipes suggestion of measuring.

Quote: Leevil @ September 20 2010, 3:29 PM BST

Oh, you should zooo. They are awesome. We had to use dark chocolate on top, because of Lady-Leevil and her Vegan ways. But I insisted we use Vanilla (Soya) Milk make it a Milk chocolate. Which I recommend if ya can get flavoured milk (or milkshake).

Oh, wait a minute. You're not vegan. Never mind Pleased

Hehe!

My mum has a set of cup measures. Much easier than trying to convert it all.