British Comedy Guide

Milestone posts Page 92

Quote: Leevil @ September 24 2009, 11:24 PM BST

You wore a suit?

Yep, the suit, the piercing stare, the occasional nanny jumping out of the upstairs window and hanging herself.

I thought you were great on OFAH.

I thought I was over-used and a terrible actor.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 12:31 AM BST

I thought I was over-used and a terrible actor.

To be honest, I'd kinda given up on the show at that point. It was like watching piss poor Eastenders which is piss poor enough. For some reason they stopped doing jokes and felt the need for more piss and poor being piss poured onto it.

Anyway...

Granddad or Uncle Albert?

Wow, what an interesting question...should be its own thread... :)

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 12:10 AM BST

Yep, the suit, the piercing stare, the occasional nanny jumping out of the upstairs window and hanging herself.

*Carmina Burana*

Quote: AndreaLynne @ September 25 2009, 1:14 AM BST

Wow, what an interesting question...should be its own thread... :)

*Carmina Burana*

*Carmina Burana*

Speaking of Carmina Burana, my sister once sang that with her choir group in college and my big gay brother in law was the conductor. What a small world!

Quote: roscoff @ September 24 2009, 10:35 PM BST

Speaking as a parent I feel the use of brilliant in the above post broke several current advertising guidelines the number one being that toddlers in my experience are very rarely f**king brilliant.

Hehe. I feel very silly because I heard that said in your voice, in my head. :$

Toddlers are like the happiest drunks you've ever met, bless 'em. :)

I looked like the girl from Poltergeist. Hence I got away with writing on the walls and leaving snot on the furniture.

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 10:49 AM BST

She died of leukaemia didn't she? :(

I think she had kidney disease but then died of something like speteacemia and there was some controversy about it being prevented. Or I might have made that up.

Quote: Dolly Dagger @ September 25 2009, 10:53 AM BST

I think she had kidney disease but then died of something like speteacemia and there was some controversy about it being prevented. Or I might have made that up.

Laughing out loud

You never lose those journalistic skills eh, Dolly?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 10:55 AM BST

Laughing out loud

You never lose those journalistic skills eh, Dolly?

Shit hot.

According to wiki:

Heather O'Rourke, who played Carol Anne in all three Poltergeist movies, died in 1988 at the age of 12 after what doctors initially described as an acute form of influenza but later changed to septic shock after bacterial toxins invaded her bloodstream.[16] At the time, she had suffered acute bowel obstruction, initially diagnosed as Crohn's disease, which may have been the cause of death.

Very sad.

I thought I had leuakemia aged 7 though.

Any particular reason, or were you just trying to get off school?

Quote: Tim Walker @ September 25 2009, 11:00 AM BST

Any particular reason, or were you just trying to get off school?

No. I think I might have mentioned it on here before, but I was given proper birthday presents and a cake for the first and only time on my 7th birthday and surmised I must have leaukemia and everyone was keeping it a secret from me. I became religious for a year and was surprised to make my 8th birthday. :D