British Comedy Guide

What are you drinking? Page 138

Quote: Lazzard @ May 26 2013, 11:10 AM BST

I shall try to have another go this lunchtime.

What? Cutting your wife's finger off?

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ May 27 2013, 3:10 PM BST

What? Cutting your wife's finger off?

Yes.
I made a shoddy job of it - barely severed the tendon.
:)

Sick

Carling British Cider

It's a pretty decent summer cider

I want to try some of that Crystal Head Vodka that Dan Akroyd makes. Comes in an amazing skull shaped bottle and supposed to be fine tasting stuff, but it's pretty expensive. May treat myself at some point. Make a change from bloody Smirnoff.

What about Grey Goose do you ever try that?

To be honest once you pass a certain quality barrier with vodka, I don't think it makes much diference.

So is there much difference between all these other vodkas and Smirnoff?

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ May 27 2013, 6:48 PM BST

What about Grey Goose do you ever try that?

I've only ever had Smirnoff or - when I was younger, guv - cheap Happy Shopper vodka which was good for nothing but mixing.

Thing with vodka is it's supposed to be really neutral. So Absolut or Wyberova are just very clean neat tastes.

Smirnoff I think is pretty much on the right side of neutral.

Where as say Comissar still tastes of alcohol.

What's that bisongrass vodka like? It always sounds interesting.

Zubrovka?

Very nice used to be my go to drink. It's sort of vanilla flavored nice, butthat's like a flavored vodka. I like flavored vodkas; the big brands like Absolut are much of a muchness.

I think watermelons nmy favourite.

Quote: Pingl @ May 25 2013, 7:25 PM BST

A nice cup of tea, very strong made with three tea bags in one cup and left to stew. Tea is not tea unless it totally stains the inside of the cup. AHHHH that's better :)

Ooh, I've gone for the two bags occasionally but three, that's a pretty hardcore cuppa.

Coke and JD.

Thatcher's Gold
Somerset's finest Cider

There was a canal side pub in Northampton that served Thatcher's Draught Cider, was lovely stuff on a sunny day like this.