British Comedy Guide

What are you drinking? Page 131

Quote: AJGO @ July 28 2012, 3:21 PM BST

Oi, H, admit it was an ale bar!

If it bothers you that much five months later, then yes, it was an ale bar. Which is absolutely nothing like a pub. ;)

oranjeboom

Quote: Rob H @ July 28 2012, 4:14 PM BST

If it bothers you that much five months later, then yes, it was an ale bar. Which is absolutely nothing like a pub. ;)

It's been on my mind every day since then, I was just waiting for someone to resurrect the thread. C'mon, it had a sign! On the wall! Saying the thing wot I said!

Was it a sign or a name based plaque?

Do you know, I can't recall the form said sign was in. Possibly a high-up blackboard behind the bar? I shall have to go back and check, anyone who wants to join me let me know. Or sooty or Badge could back me up. But that's unlikely so I'll go for the drinking pints option.

Just had a Guinness. Wanted a lager, but there were none in the house and I couldn't be bothered walking down to 'News and Booze'.

At this very moment a 500ml can of 5.7% Kasztelan Niepasteryzowane.

Tastes mighty fine too.

I just tried a mouthful of some 'cherry wine' and it may be the most sickly sweet thing I've ever drunk.

I can drink, and indeed have drunk, almost everything that contains alcohol and is not chemically denatured. But Cherry Brandy I draw the line at.

Cherry brandy includes almond flavouring

good grief isn't it nasty enough without adding fake almond flavouring

Quote: Ignatius Rake @ July 30 2012, 12:57 PM BST

.. a 500ml can of 5.7% Kasztelan Niepasteryzowane.

That's quite a mouthful.

Laughing out loud Indeed- drinking red/white wine concoction , the red is Merlot don't like it so mixing it, trying to sleep now after a visit from Gas-man. Unimpressed

Quote: dellas @ August 6 2012, 2:13 PM BST

Laughing out loud Indeed- drinking red/white wine concoction , the red is Merlot don't like it so mixing it, trying to sleep now after a visit from Gas-man. Unimpressed

Did he not give you enough gas, then?

And why mix the wine?
If you don't like the red just drink more of the white...

I'm drinking a glass of Shiraz. I really don't like Shiraz, but people insist on buying it for me all the time. I'm not sure when I've ever said I like Shiraz.

Are you sure you were not trying to say 'sherry' and were just very very dunk?