British Comedy Guide

The Olympics Page 133

Not enough weightlifting, which I like to watch, and just to rub salt in the wound, the BBC feature in their promo but show very little of it - in fact, I must be unlucky as this time I haven't seen any, not even our gold hope Emily Campbell

Thank you BBC for nothing!

What I did enjoy,among other stuff, was in the Swimming where you could see the world record as a yellow line that the leader was either ahead of or chasing
I thought it was a decent graphic to use and was quite interesting
Also I'll be interested to see how many of the swimmers who had to go in the Seine will end up with mutant superpowers

The swimming seems to get better every Olympics, and the usually hot weather at the time makes it nice to watch. There are a lot of different races too. That velodrome cycling's pretty good as well, though we're losing our dominance in it.

As for Beeb's choices of other events, do we have to see so much gymnastics?! The decathlon was going on at the same time and I didn't catch any of it. Wonder how Daley Thompson got on.

I have to say I haven't seen any of it.

The weightlifting involved a surprising amount of slapping.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 10th August 2024, 8:40 AM

Not enough weightlifting, which I like to watch, and just to rub salt in the wound, the BBC feature in their promo but show very little of it - in fact, I must be unlucky as this time I haven't seen any, not even our gold hope Emily Campbell

Thank you BBC for nothing!

Congrats Emily on your bronze

Tom Cruise carrying the Olympic flag on the back of a motorbike was something.

That was so stupid and ridiculous and I loved it.

I did enjoy Tom Cruise titting about on a string. They don't make movie stars like him anymore.