British Comedy Guide

The Olympics Page 132

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2024, 12:00 PM

I'm at a loss as to how this post was taking something out on anyone? It seems fairly calm and boring to me (like all my posts!). I honestly think you need to stop projecting the idea that when people talk to you they're frothing at the mouth or something.

You seem to have conveniently forgotten these two posts, after that, and they're your exclamation marks, not my addition

"Not everything is directed at you!"
You're the only one who seems to be in a lather!"

Quote: lofthouse @ 3rd August 2024, 11:54 AM

🤓🍿

I'll be around at the interval with a tray of choc ices and drinks on a stick

Huh, it seems you interpret an exclamation mark as shouting? I use them as a sign I'm being lighthearted or friendly, like a smiley face emoji. Crossed wires I guess.

Whatever

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2024, 5:05 PM

Excellent. I don't even remember that sketch and my Monty Python dvds are in storage. Reminds us of Connie's gift for comedy too, sadly underused after Fawlty Towers.

https://youtu.be/PLxIYe3TtPU?si=LQ6suPz3eY3-psDl

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd August 2024, 5:10 PM

It's all very complicated.
She's got all the lady bits, cervix etc

And maybe the gentleman bits too? Either way, Imane is a strange one. Even the teenage Twiggy, as amazingly skinny as she was, had hips and a bum but Imane has the figure of a racing snake.

Just watching the US team trailing Serbia by 11 points in Basketball semi final.

And then I need to watch teh 200 metres which I missed
Well Done Botswana on their first ever Gold medal

Thank f**k it's all over this weekend, I'm sick and tired of the TV schedules being decimated by the BBC or willy-nilly changing channels to suit, which my digi-box can't handle.

Also seen enough of skinny Lycra clad bods I couldn't care less about on the news!

I bought the one-month Discovery+ package(£6.99)
Everything's on there - but can you find it?
Can you f**k.

We have someone my wife knows in the Modern Pentathlon.
So, tuned into the Fencing.
Unfathomable.

There was a time when a man would get locked up for punching a woman in the face but nowadays it seems all he has to do is stand over the bloodied remains of his victim and shout "I'm a laydee!" and they give the bastard a medal.

Quote: Julia Caesar @ 9th August 2024, 2:44 PM

There was a time when a man would get locked up for punching a woman in the face but nowadays it seems all he has to do is stand over the bloodied remains of his victim and shout "I'm a laydee!" and they give the bastard a medal.

Now they've got Break Dancing. Why? Why not other forms of dancing? Ballroom, Ballet, the Twist?

They used to have painting and poetry. Bring 'em back, I say.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th August 2024, 5:35 PM

Now they've got Break Dancing.

It was a try out only, as it won't be in the LA Olympics in 4 years time, BUT why the hell were they even thinking about it - bloody ridiculous. As was that Algerian bloke beating the Chinese woman in the female boxing match and taking the Gold medal.

I quite liked the skateboarding.