British Comedy Guide

The Olympics Page 131

Foresight.

It's all very complicated.
She's got all the lady bits, cervix et etc but has madly high testosterone and was clearly born 'different' so to speak.
But like everything else - including those poor little girls in Southport - the situation has been hijacked by people with an agenda.
Lots of people in the Trans community are getting a huge amount of grief over this.
And the woman isn't even Trans.

She was banned from women's boxing by the IBA for having the same testosterone levels as a man.
Sports are all about fairness, handicaps and leagues and so on.
Other women have been banned for high unreal testosterone levels (albeit from a needle or tablet) but not her?
Anyway, if it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck.....

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd August 2024, 5:10 PM

Foresight.

Yes, it just popped into my head as I was scrambling the eggs and raced up here to correct myself, but too late 😒

Also, it makes a mockery of the sport of boxing

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2024, 5:05 PM

Big fuss? Where did you get that from?

The fact that it's all half of twitter has been banging on about all day. Not everything is directed at you!

The testosterone levels are not drug induced.
She's a woman, all the bits and bobs.
IOC rules do not exclude people with DSD (Differences in sex Development)
There are several women with DSD competing at the Paris Olympics.
Maybe rules need adjusting to catch up with the science.
But the abuse hurled at this woman - and to other trans people, is horrible - rabid trans-phobes piling on in the nastiest of ways.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2024, 5:29 PM

😒

Also, it makes a mockery of the sport of boxing

I hate boxing - you'd have thought as a species we'd have grown out of it.
More of an all-in-wrestling man, myself.
At least you knew that was fixed.

Foxy boxing and mud wrestling ??

Right 2 things about Olympic team. Why are they known as Team GB? It's obvious they are a team. "Team" in the title is unnecessary.

Secondly why are we GB when we're not allowed to have that on our cars. We have to put UK on them which of course is meaningless. At least GB has Britain in the title.

Still...

All the running and jumping is kinda fun yeah...?

😳

Quote: Chappers @ 2nd August 2024, 5:44 PM

Secondly why are we GB when we're not allowed to have that on our cars.

I've got GB on my car.
Whats more it's got EU stars around it.
Freedom for Tooting!!

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2024, 5:32 PM

The fact that it's all half of twitter has been banging on about all day. Not everything is directed at you!

Then don't mention it in a post to me! I'm not a bleedin' mind reader and have NEVER or ever likely to look at shit like Twitter - I suggest you give it a rest to stop getting yourself into a lather and taking it out on me!

You're the only one who seems to be in a lather!

Tetchy ole bugger

😗

Quote: zooo @ 3rd August 2024, 11:35 AM

You're the only one who seems to be in a lather!

Well what do you expect with your knee jerk reactions to somebody simply posting a newspaper front page and commenting on it, and I'll say again - don't come on here and take it out on somebody just because you've been wound up on Twatter

🤓🍿

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2024, 3:14 PM

She lost. Someone has to. Not very sporting to make a big fuss over it.

I'm at a loss as to how this post was taking something out on anyone? It seems fairly calm and boring to me (like all my posts!). I honestly think you need to stop projecting the idea that when people talk to you they're frothing at the mouth or something.