British Comedy Guide

The Olympics Page 130

America still to get a single medal in any of the shooting events...

Whoda thunk it? 🔫

Quote: zooo @ 30th July 2024, 5:46 PM

Whatever gets you through the day, Herc.

Watching Doris Day movies and listening to show tunes , is my guess

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th July 2024, 5:31 PM

I think it's pretty obvious what he meant

Of course, they do say that people who are so angry about gay people are merely covering up their own latent homosexual tendencies

What an utter load of crap - you know absolutely nothing about me, and I will think what I like and even if we get totalitarianism I will still think the way I do.

Quote: lofthouse @ 30th July 2024, 5:52 PM

Watching Doris Day movies and listening to show tunes , is my guess

I don't even know what that means - yet another cut & paste? One day you will come up with something original

Back to the Olympics and another couple of golds for team GB, well done all. I do like watching the swimming in this hot weather, I just ignore the fact the pool's probably heated. Haven't been swimming in years so I'm not sure if that's the case still.

But the river is full of merde

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 31st July 2024, 8:11 AM

Back to the Olympics and another couple of golds for team GB, well done all. I do like watching the swimming in this hot weather, I just ignore the fact the pool's probably heated. Haven't been swimming in years so I'm not sure if that's the case still.

It is - more so for competitions.
I used to dread going to see my kids swim in events - bloody sauna!

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th July 2024, 11:26 PM

What an utter load of crap - you know absolutely nothing about me, and I will think what I like and even if we get totalitarianism I will still think the way I do.

You ain't foolin no-one , sweetie 😘 💋

I don't give a f**k about Alice Bellandi and Jasmine Martin kissing. It's 2024, ffs.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 2nd August 2024, 12:01 PM

I don't give a f**k about Alice Bellandi and Jasmine Martin kissing. It's 2024, ffs.

Was someone getting into a tizzy about it?

And this is one of the reasons why the Olympics is a farce. You have to feel for the Italian female boxer who broke down in tears as she feared serious injuries fighting someone who is clearly a man.

Utterly ridiculous

She was born a woman though...

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd August 2024, 12:09 PM

Was someone getting into a tizzy about it?

All over the social netwanks.

Born a woman, who has higher levels of testosterone than normal. (Every woman has testosterone.)
She's been beaten in many fights by other women, but happened to win this one. Well done her.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2024, 2:30 PM

Well done her.

Tell that to the Italian girl

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 2nd August 2024, 3:09 PM

Tell that to the Italian girl

She lost. Someone has to. Not very sporting to make a big fuss over it.

Quote: zooo @ 2nd August 2024, 3:14 PM

She lost. Someone has to. Not very sporting to make a big fuss over it.

Big fuss? Where did you get that from? I was merely stating a view from the newspaper I agreed with, and as for not very sporting - I say again, tell that to the Italian girl - sport? Don't make me laugh
I mean it's almost farcical and reminds me of the Monty Python sketch where Connie Booth as a mere slip of a girl gets battered around the boxing ring by Ken Clean played by John Cleese - in fact, looking at it now, it IS a parody of that so called Olympic boxing match. What foresight!! 😂