British Comedy Guide

The Olympics Page 129

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th July 2024, 12:58 PM

A jailed child rapist competed today.

The headline; A rapist can still get his life back in order. (she was 12 and he groomed her)

Yes, apparently he was grooming her online from the age of 10, and he knew her age the whole time. Sick.

And he was booed all match.

Eurosport commentator Bob Ballard has been removed from coverage of the Olympic Games after he made a "sexist" remark regarding Australia's female swimmers. A statement from Eurosport read: "During a segment of Eurosport's coverage last night, commentator Bob Ballard made an inappropriate comment. To that end, he has been removed from our commentary roster with immediate effect".

After winning gold in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay, Australia's four swimmers made their way out of the Aquatic Centre at which point, Ballard said, "Well, the women just finishing up. You know what women are like - hanging around, doing their make-up..."

Lizzie Simmonds, who was alongside Ballard on commentary duty, described the comment as "outrageous".

My favourite bit of the Olympics so far. https://x.com/eurosport/status/1817544094220001734

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 28th July 2024, 9:26 PM

Eurosport commentator Bob Ballard has been removed from coverage of the Olympic Games after he made a "sexist" remark regarding Australia's female swimmers. A statement from Eurosport read: "During a segment of Eurosport's coverage last night, commentator Bob Ballard made an inappropriate comment. To that end, he has been removed from our commentary roster with immediate effect".

After winning gold in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay, Australia's four swimmers made their way out of the Aquatic Centre at which point, Ballard said, "Well, the women just finishing up. You know what women are like - hanging around, doing their make-up..."

Lizzie Simmonds, who was alongside Ballard on commentary duty, described the comment as "outrageous".

Just a bit silly. Hardly "outrageous" though.

Shame about Adam Peaty, but still a great swim from him.

Quote: zooo @ 28th July 2024, 9:42 PM

My favourite bit of the Olympics so far. https://x.com/eurosport/status/1817544094220001734

It was very good, and how I imagine the average BCGer in their prime.

That Mountain bike X-Country was a bit good.

I loved the women's archery final the other day.
S Korea V China.
The skill and discipline to hit the bull's eye from 70M was amazing.
And the 'bows were a work of art.

They said on the radio "all eyes will be on Tom Daley". Well mine weren't.

Quote: Chappers @ 30th July 2024, 8:38 AM

They said on the radio "all eyes will be on Tom Daley". Well mine weren't.

The little ****

Don't follow the Olympics, but will watch if the super heavy weightlifters are on and this afternoon got interested in the doubles table tennis final between North Korea and China, and it was only after about 10 minutes I realised it was mixed doubles - well I never, they all looked like young lads, then I noticed the lumpy bits

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 30th July 2024, 11:00 AM

The little ****

?

Quote: zooo @ 30th July 2024, 3:37 PM

?

Insert whatever four letter word you like, as I don't like him, besides it's one big for those falling for the bait...................

Quote: zooo @ 30th July 2024, 3:37 PM

?

I think it's pretty obvious what he meant

Of course, they do say that people who are so angry about gay people are merely covering up their own latent homosexual tendencies

Don't be ashamed of what you are Herc 💕🌈

Whatever gets you through the day, Herc.