British Comedy Guide

BSG Meetup Page 108

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 6 2008, 3:15 PM BST

Are you still going? You're leaving it late aren't you? I would go, but I'm not.

Would you ever go to one? I can pick you up in the truck but as Ian and Nick have bagsied the seats, you will have to go in the back with the rest of the cargo - Mainly sweets, babycham, and immigrants.

I'd like to bagsie hangin' underneath, all Indiana Jones-like.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 6 2008, 3:43 PM BST

Would you ever go to one? I can pick you up in the truck but as Ian and Nick have bagsied the seats, you will have to go in the back with the rest of the cargo - Mainly sweets, babycham, and immigrants.

:D

I don't know if I'd go, to be honest, and I actually live in London now, so it wouldn't have been too tricky to get to this one. And I've met a couple of the people who are going to this today, so it wouldn't be like there are no familiar faces; but still the idea of meeting up with a room full of people off the internet fills me with a sort of nervous dread! I'm sure you're all lovely of course. Except for Aaron, Aaron is pure evil.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ September 6 2008, 3:52 PM BST

:D

I don't know if I'd go, to be honest, and I actually live in London now, so it wouldn't have been too tricky to get to this one. And I've met a couple of the people who are going to this today, so it wouldn't be like there are no familiar faces; but still the idea of meeting up with a room full of people off the internet fills me with a sort of nervous dread! I'm sure you're all lovely of course. Except for Aaron, Aaron is pure evil.

I felt exactly the same but to be honest, once I got there it was alright and everyone was lovely.

Except Bussell who dangled me out of the window laughing like a crazed loon and wouldn't let me back in unless I promise him a packet of peanuts.

I may have made that up though.

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 6 2008, 3:55 PM BST

Except Bussell who dangled me out of the window laughing like a crazed loon and wouldn't let me back in unless I promise him a packet of peanuts.

I may have made that up though.

I've met the Buss man on a few occasions now, and each time he beat me to a bloody, twitching pulp whilst screaming Abba tunes in a very poor South African accent. He didn't want to, but I insisted.

Ah crazy times.....

We shall look back and laugh....

Maybe cry....

Quote: The Rook @ September 6 2008, 12:28 PM BST

Can I suggest that there are 'meet ups' planned a month or two in advance. If I knew there was one coming up I could make arrangements.

It was planned a month in advance! Future ones will be in different places across the country though, so sooner or later there should be one which everyone can attend.

Quote: Badge @ September 6 2008, 12:49 PM BST

Only trying to be helpful!

Yes, I know, sorry, just replying to try and give an answer and clear up confusion and that. However...

Quote: Badge @ September 6 2008, 12:49 PM BST

And yes, it isn't a big deal (though it might be if you wait for a train at Island Gardens). The DLR is closed on the Lewisham branch, and you should walk through the foot tunnel to Greenwich from Island Gardens, or use local or replacement buses from elsewhere. Have fun!

Yes. I only found this out today. The DLR leaflet I got through my door a couple of weeks ago said that it was still only closed in one direction this weekend, and the shuttle service was operating again. So apologies to anyone who has been inconvenienced by that. Stupid TfL.

Quote: sootyj @ September 6 2008, 12:57 PM BST

The tunnel that was one of Brunels first big projects

Brunel had nothing to do with the Greenwich foot tunnel as far as I'm aware. I think you may be confusing it with the Thames Tunnel, which had until December 2007 been carrying the East London line, and will soon be the track of Overground services.

Quote: Aaron @ September 6 2008, 4:47 PM BST

It was planned a month in advance! Future ones will be in different places across the country though, so sooner or later there should be one which everyone can attend.

Can I make a suggestion to make it two months in advanced next time? Not that you didn't give loads of notice or anything but it would just be easier for people to insure they can get the time off and the money! Some work places are funny about when to book off time off and stuff. That's all. :)

Have a lot of fun guys. :)

Quote: Griff @ September 6 2008, 10:42 AM BST

EllieJP - a can of Monster. No Rohypnol necessary by all reports.

:O Laughing out loud

Quote: The Rook @ September 6 2008, 12:28 PM BST

I would have bee there but I moved from Kent ten years ago to live in Leeds. Can I suggest that there are 'meet ups' planned a month or two in advance. If I knew there was one coming up I could make arrangements.

?
It's been in the planning for a long time!

When you comming around for the bridge game and twiglets Ian?

Bollocks. Just managed to finish my script and would love to go to this but the train journey is nearly four hours. Shit.

Bridge, Stan?

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 6 2008, 5:07 PM BST

When you comming around for the bridge game and twiglets Ian?

Just putting my Sunday best on Rubes, won't be a tick.
You can have all the twiglets though Sick

Quote: RubyMae - Glamourous Snowdrop at large. @ September 6 2008, 5:09 PM BST

Bridge, Stan?

Yup, we'll have to think up our partner-signals before the others get back...

Quote: ian_w @ September 6 2008, 5:12 PM BST

Just putting my Sunday best on Rubes, won't be a tick.
You can have all the twiglets though Sick

I've got a girlfriend in New York who just adores twiglets, but you can't get them over here, so every time I'm back in London I put eight bags into a post-it box and mail them to her. The postage is twice as much as the twiglets themselves!