British Comedy Guide

Current radio comedy... Page 26

I posted this in the Down The Line thread but incase anyone missed it, here is the DTL Credit Crunch special: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xmkpnz

Quote: Martin H @ April 23 2009, 2:53 PM BST

I posted this in the Down The Line thread but incase anyone missed it, here is the DTL Credit Crunch special: http://www.sendspace.com/file/xmkpnz

And well worth a listen. :)

I just listened to John Finnemore's Cabin Pressure. It really was excellent. Just the sort of Radio 4 middle-class comedy I get on with! :)

Roger Allam is a legend. He is now on my list of 'people to write a sitcom character for'!

Dan

I really enjoyed that too, but circumstances meant I only caught two or three.

Quote: chipolata @ April 4 2009, 2:06 PM BST

You give with one hand, and take with the other, Ian.

:D Exactly what I thought.

Quote: swerytd @ April 23 2009, 3:12 PM BST

I just listened to John Finnemore's Cabin Pressure. It really was excellent. Just the sort of Radio 4 middle-class comedy I get on with! :)

Roger Allam is a legend. He is now on my list of 'people to write a sitcom character for'!

Dan

It was great, yes! Good to see that another series is coming up soon. :)

Roger Allam's very good, isn't he. Superb in the Thick of it Special repeated last week and he's also playing a rather suspicious character in Ashes to Ashes.

Shall also add my praise for the Down The Line Credit Crunch special. Paul Whithouse's 'ordinary bloke' type characters are always a joy.

Another good Unbelievable Truth last night, and a very good series overall. Still not sure about Will Self as a panellist, but he's growing on me.

That Josie Long show was brilliant actually, I can't stand her stand up but it works great on the show.

I can't quite get into The Unbelieveable Truth. I like David Mitchell but in this he is too sarcastic. Also the panelists just get one go to talk and you might not hear much of them afterwards- Jack Dee was hardly in the last one.

Just listened to ElvenQuest. It had a few laughs and I plan to listen to the new episode. I was very fond of Alistair McGowan in that.

Quote: Ian Wolf @ April 29 2009, 7:07 PM BST

Just listened to ElvenQuest. It had a few laughs and I plan to listen to the new episode.

I quite enjoyed it too. It didn't blow me away, but there were some nice lines in it.

Nice to hear The News Quiz again. Pleasure as always, especially Fred MacAulay's pig impression.

Another excellent Count Arthur Strong on iPlayer at the moment...

Quote: Ian Wolf @ May 1 2009, 7:07 PM BST

Pleasure as always, especially Fred MacAulay's pig impression.

That was a cracking moment. I Laughed Out Loud - not something I usually do when The News Quiz is on.