British Comedy Guide

Please help me! Page 5

Quote: Tuumble @ July 15 2008, 4:53 PM BST

Bobbit Penis thing

John Wayne Bobbitt (born March 23, 1967 in Buffalo, New York) and Lorena Leonor Bobbitt (née Gallo) (born 1970 in Bucay, Ecuador) were an American couple, married on June 18, 1989, made famous for a 1993 incident in which Lorena cut off John's penis with a kitchen knife.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorena_Bobbitt

I need things that completely dominated the headlines.

Lots of these are fantastic. Thanks for the help everyone! <3

Ian W was born!

Elvis died?

what do you call a russian with three balls
whodyanickabollokov

I just read that whole wikipedia article and now I wish I hadn't.

Blimey. :|

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2008, 4:58 PM BST

I need things that completely dominated the headlines.

It's amazing that nearly all of the suggestions are stories about death and disaster. The first two I thought of were Dunblaine and Hungerford (both already mentioned).
There must have been some news stories, dominating the headlines which contained good news (can't think of any though….)

I repeat, DOLLY THE SHEEP! Le baaa!

Quote: Badge @ July 15 2008, 12:33 AM BST

Hungerford massacre

The guy who murdered all those people, shot himself in my old English room at school. Used to freak me out being in there alone.

Quote: Writer2K @ July 15 2008, 5:32 PM BST

It's amazing that nearly all of the suggestions are stories about death and disaster. The first two I thought of were Dunblaine and Hungerford (both already mentioned).
There must have been some news stories, dominating the headlines which contained good news (can't think of any though….)

Yeah I know what you mean.

The Berlin Wall coming down is a positive one though!

Quote: EllieJP @ July 15 2008, 5:35 PM BST

The guy who murdered all those people, shot himself in my old English room at school. Used to freak me out being in there alone.

Crikey. :O

Here are some;

Hillsborough
Saddam Husseins execution
O.J. Simpson
Bill Clinton's affair with Monica Lewinsky
Oklahoma City bombing
Death of Diana
Tiananmen Square
Rwandan genocide
Nelson Mandela released from prison
Lockerbie Bombing
Cuban Missile Crisis
Heysel
James Bulger
Toxteth Riots

Quote: zooo @ July 15 2008, 5:39 PM BST

The Berlin Wall coming down is a positive one though!

Yes quite right…missed that one!

Quote: Charly @ July 15 2008, 5:34 PM BST

I repeat, DOLLY THE SHEEP! Le baaa!

"Dolly The Sheep" wasn't a good news story! Scientists discovered that Dolly was slightly smaller than the sheep they cloned her from. When they cloned Dolly her ‘children' were again slightly smaller…and so it continued. The whole episode sparked a huge investigation, including a giant snail and a scientist with an engorged leg! I saw a documentary about it last week.

Ha!

Quote: Writer2K @ July 15 2008, 5:32 PM BST

Good things aren't interesting, and aren't reported:

"WOMAN PUNCHES WOMAN IN FACE IN SAINSBURY'S QUEUE"

vs.

"WOMAN LETS OTHER WOMAN AHEAD IN SAINSBURY'S QUEUE"

:/

Quote: Writer2K @ July 15 2008, 5:50 PM BST

"Dolly The Sheep" wasn't a good news story! Scientists discovered that Dolly was slightly smaller than the sheep they cloned her from. When they cloned Dolly her ‘children' were again slightly smaller…and so it continued. The whole episode sparked a huge investigation, including a giant snail and a scientist with an engorged leg! I saw a documentary about it last week.

Laughing out loud

Dolly was cloned on my birthday. Just so ya know.