British Comedy Guide

Online/Virtual Friendships/Relationships Page 23

That's a very bleak perspective to hold! (At Stylee)

Quote: billwill @ December 14 2011, 3:03 PM GMT

Fight! Fight!

Billwill gets tot of Rum ready & draws up armchair to watch in comfort.

:D Rolling eyes Cool

Sorry Billiam, it's over now I think. I've ran out of steam like an impotent locomotive.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 14 2011, 3:02 PM GMT

If I don't think there is a clique, does that mean I'm part of it? I've always wanted to be popular.

Of course, and you're one of the most popular people on here.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 14 2011, 3:06 PM GMT

That's a very bleak perspective to hold! (At Stylee)

Sorry Billiam, it's over now I think. I've ran out of steam like an impotent locomotive.

:) :D Laughing out loud

I read that as IMPORTANT locomotive...

which you are my dear.

Woah, what?

Quote: Vader @ December 14 2011, 3:08 PM GMT

Of course, and you're one of the most popular people on here.

I was going to be sarcastic about how much that means to me. But then I realised the sad truth.

Quote: billwill @ December 14 2011, 3:14 PM GMT

:) :D Laughing out loud

I read that as IMPORTANT locomotive...

which you are my dear.

Just call me Thomas Cool

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 14 2011, 3:22 PM GMT

I was going to be sarcastic about how much that means to me. But then I realised the sad truth.

Ah well, there's nothing wrong with that, Nat the Tank Engine.

Did you f**k her then?

Am I too early?

I think we've decided that he's gay. So you're just in time!

Interesting discussion here guys.

Maybe we should all meet up on Friday* and just *see* for ourselves whether we're weird or not.

*Another alternative "official" meet will happen in March.

What if we are? Huh?

I'm sure you'll fit in fine then. :)

Quote: EllieJP @ December 14 2011, 4:35 PM GMT

Interesting discussion here guys.

Maybe we should all meet up on Friday* and just *see* for ourselves whether we're weird or not.

*Another alternative "official" meet will happen in March.

Im sure no-one on here is weird. Or if they are, they'd be good enough at hiding it that it'd go undetected.

Quote: sootyj @ December 14 2011, 2:06 PM GMT

For a second I thought you said Jewish!

I would be, but I can't afford it.

Quote: EllieJP @ December 14 2011, 4:43 PM GMT

I'm sure you'll fit in fine then. :)

:)

Quote: Vader @ December 14 2011, 4:53 PM GMT

Im sure no-one on here is weird. Or if they are, they'd be good enough at hiding it that it'd go undetected.

Are you coming for drinks on Fri?

Quote: TopBanana @ December 14 2011, 10:14 AM GMT

I used to work with a guy who I'd never met - i.e. we had to be in regular email contact. He was fecking hilarious in his emails, yet when we met he hardly said anything and was as quiet as a mouse.

That's because he was an introvert. Introverted people don't get much energy from social interaction. Your friend's 'hilarious' personality was still there in the flesh, it's just that social interaction doesn't bring it out.

Most people have introverted aspects of their personality but only a small percentage of the population is primarily introverted - it's nothing to do with 'being shy' or lacking confidence - there is no fear, just a desire to withdraw from group interaction.

I can think of a couple of very regular BCG posters who are like this, very talkie online but silent in person. The mistake that some people make is that there is nothing going on inside - introverted people are no less aware or 'present', just non participatory. They're usually thinking why doesn't that extroverted person shut-the-f**k-up, while the extrovert is thinking: (about the introvert) Is this person braindead?

Wave