British Comedy Guide

Online/Virtual Friendships/Relationships Page 22

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 14 2011, 2:01 PM GMT

It's neither subject relevant or assumption free.

Everyone knows Sooty's opinions should never be trusted, despite his number of posts.

Also, do please be a good sport reply to my PM.

Apologies I wasn't aware there was a private message from you. However I won't be replying to stupid and unpleasant private messages. Just read my previous post properly and don't take things so seriously.

Quote: rwayne @ December 14 2011, 1:54 PM GMT

Perhaps it's because I've been a member here for a while but go for extended
periods without using it...but it seems that some people take the number of
posts someone has made as directly proportionate to the validity of what they
say.
It is, indeed, what you might call a 'community' of sorts and you can see
people jostling for position. It's interesting to see (especially remembering
how they were when they were 'new') how people have joined the core of the
members that dominate the forums.

The first rule of BCG Clique is: you do not talk about BCG Clique.

Walker didn't we hang you under London Bridge with your tongue slung over your shoulder?

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 14 2011, 2:11 PM GMT

Sorry I've been a fool. Although...I'm not in the clique so get f...

This is intended to be a joke, just so it's clear. (I don't like the little
faces on the left)

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 14 2011, 2:11 PM GMT

Ah, those poor, deluded people who think they're in the BSG clique, little realising that it's the rest of us who are excluding them from our clique.

Quote: Nogget @ December 14 2011, 2:16 PM GMT

Ah, those poor, deluded people who think they're in the BSG clique

I was alluding to the BCG clique. The "defunct" BSG clique is another matter entirely. Cool

This :D , but I like you.

Quote: rwayne @ December 14 2011, 2:11 PM GMT

Apologies I wasn't aware there was a private message from you. However I won't be replying to stupid and unpleasant private messages. Just read my previous post properly and don't take things so seriously.

No, you know what? I'm not going to back down out of fear of being accused of being defensive. I read your last post a few times before I posted anything, and for want of knowing the intentions behind it (oh em gee, things can have more than one possible meaning?!), I sent you a PM. It's your decision whether or not you enter into private discussion with me, or would just prefer to call me out in public. That's fine.

I need to pull you up on one thing, aside from anything else. Your assertion that nothing on the internet matters really bothers me. Just because you assign something no value, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The internet is a more than legitimate way of meeting people and forming relationships and friendships, especially if you are unlucky enough to have severe social anxieties or other issues which stop you conversing freely with people face to face. It just irks me so badly when people try to belittle an opinion, a relationship, a discussion simply because it occurs online. People are still people, regardless of the medium of their communication.

I've sent you a slightly longer and hopefully less curt message asking you the same question. Lets hope that that one is less unpleasant and stupid.

And just to clear up any misunderstandings, this is the first of my posts which should be read with any hostility, as it most certainly written with it.

Quote: Nat Wicks @ December 14 2011, 2:35 PM GMT

No, you know what? I'm not going to back down out of fear of being accused of being defensive. I read your last post a few times before I posted anything, and for want of knowing the intentions behind it (oh em gee, things can have more than one possible meaning?!), I sent you a PM. It's your decision whether or not you enter into private discussion with me, or would just prefer to call me out in public. That's fine.

I need to pull you up on one thing, aside from anything else. Your assertion that nothing on the internet matters really bothers me. Just because you assign something no value, doesn't mean it doesn't exist. The internet is a more than legitimate way of meeting people and forming relationships and friendships, especially if you are unlucky enough to have severe social anxieties or other issues which stop you conversing freely with people face to face. It just irks me so badly when people try to belittle an opinion, a relationship, a discussion simply because it occurs online. People are still people, regardless of the medium of their communication.

I've sent you a slightly longer and hopefully less curt message asking you the same question. Lets hope that that one is less unpleasant and stupid.

And just to clear up any misunderstandings, this is the first of my posts which should be read with any hostility, as it most certainly written with it.

Darn tootin'

or other issues which stop you conversing freely with people face to face

This is a legitimate point, especially considering the large numbers of BCG members who are in prison or remain under house arrest.

Don't let these things get to you Nat, it's just the opinion of a random person you'll never meet, there's no reason why it should matter to you what he thinks. nd I'm sure he didn' mean anyting by it.

Quote: Tim Walker @ December 14 2011, 2:43 PM GMT

This is a legitimate point, especially considering the large numbers of BCG members who are in prison or remain under house arrest.

What? I was promised it was exclusively inmates on here.

Quote: Vader @ December 14 2011, 2:45 PM GMT

Don't let these things get to you Nat, it's just the opinion of a random person you'll never meet, there's no reason why it should matter to you what he thinks. nd I'm sure he didn' mean anyting by it.

The problem is though, that I do let it get to me. I know that's more my fault than anyone elses', but I assign a lot of value to the anonymous postings of people from behind avatars. I probably shouldn't. But I can't help but believe that the majority of intelligent people are very pointed with the things that they say.

Apart from Sooty, obviously, who should never be listened to. Ever.

Edited to add the word intelligent. You should never assume a stupid person knows exactly what they're saying.

Don't forget that someone who doesn't feel part of a clique will have a very different point of view than someone who does. And if they feel ostracised they'll fall back on real life and tell themselv the net doesn't matter. And for peple who don't feel part of a clique, there's no reason why it should.

But the poor little fella probably just wants to belove, whether in real life or on the net!

If I don't think there is a clique, does that mean I'm part of it? I've always wanted to be popular.

Fight! Fight!

Billwill gets tot of Rum ready & draws up armchair to watch in comfort.

:D Rolling eyes Cool