British Comedy Guide

Online/Virtual Friendships/Relationships Page 2

I have one online friend who I've known for 8 flipping years. (Yikes.) Never met each other as we're in different countries, we probably would have if we were closer.

Only 8 years? Hah! Lightweight. ;)

I have a fair few online friends (mostly from this site). Never met any of them... Yet.

Suppose it can be strange, but at the end of the day you see the person for who they are, and meeting them wouldn't really change things unless they have a totally different personality.

Quote: EllieJP @ March 27, 2008, 3:58 PM

Initially you can fall for someone, but in the end, you have to meet for their to be REAL love right?

I thought that's what you were saying. I meant falling in love with someone 'initially' on the net by getting to know their personality. Of course things may well change if you meet them and don't find them physically attractive - that's life!

I like zooo's 'and that'! :D

Have you fallen in love with someone Ellie? :O

Quote: Aaron @ March 27, 2008, 4:15 PM

Only 8 years? Hah! Lightweight.

Whatever, you've barely been alive 8 years... ;)

Quote: ian_w @ March 27, 2008, 4:16 PM

I like zooo's 'and that'! :D

:) I thought I'd put it politely.

At 20, I'm only three years younger than you!

Oh yeah, I forgot.

Quote: Paul W @ March 27, 2008, 4:15 PM

I have a fair few online friends (mostly from this site). Never met any of them... Yet.

Suppose it can be strange, but at the end of the day you see the person for who they are, and meeting them wouldn't really change things unless they have a totally different personality.

Well I'm guessing the closest thing I can get to seeing/performing stand up is in Nottingham, so if you're still there maybe we could meet up, have a few drinks? Should I bring a johnny or are you a risk taker?

Quote: Leevil @ March 27, 2008, 4:18 PM

Well I'm guessing the closest thing I can get to seeing/performing stand up is in Nottingham, so if you're still there maybe we could meet up, have a few drinks? Should I bring a johnny or are you a risk taker?

I'll show you the best places (to not die).

Bring the Johnny and I'll bring the vasaline!

Quote: Paul W @ March 27, 2008, 4:25 PM

I'll show you the best places (to not die).

Bring the Johnny and I'll bring the vasaline!

Sounds like we'll have a blast!

All over each other's faces.

You know it!

Quote: ian_w @ March 27, 2008, 4:16 PM

Have you fallen in love with someone Ellie? :O

Not online no. Are you in lurvvvvvvveeeeeee?

And you boys are gross!

Quote: EllieJP @ March 27, 2008, 4:40 PM

Not online no. Are you in lurvvvvvvveeeeeee?

Yup. I'm in love with Aaron.
I bought some fruit pastals and opal fruits the other day and they made me cry.

Quote: EllieJP @ March 27, 2008, 4:40 PM

And you boys are gross!

We know when we're not wanted...