British Comedy Guide

TILT - full details on submitting, plus some tips Page 2

That's a horrible name for a cat.

It fits our cat.

Well I called ours fat cat, but when it got run over, I only had to add an l to it's name.

Our cat is Beelzebub 'isself!

He don't 'alf lay into virgins! (when he finds one)

Virgin cats, there's no such mythical beast. Randy noisy buggers, if they can't eat it, kill it or f**k it, they run from it.

He's into human flesh. Trouble is, we live in Romford.

Not many humans in Romford, high CHUD population?

Not much virgin flesh in Romford! :P

The chav birds are born preggers!

Have we gone off topic?

Cheers, Mark. I might do this.

Mayhap we have, you gave the game away.

I hoped out banter would bore every one else from entering, curses.

It could have done save for that fatal floor.

Don't thank me, Dave Cohen is the one to thank. His advice there is top notch so do follow that...

Particularly the bit about going to see the first recording I'd say. As has been demonstrated in the Newsrevue / Treason Show threads, getting as much knowledge about a show in advance of submitting something is important. If you can style your submissions to the performers' particular talents and the general style of the show you may have a chance of getting something accepted.

I suspect many will completely miss the target. It can't just be funny, it has to be funny and relivant to the show!

These opportunities don't come along often enough; competition is therefore likely to be very tough. Doing things like watching the recording and careful tailoring of gags is the way to get an unfair advantage over your fellow writers!

Well done Mark for putting this up and for Dave for the advice. Its a great opportunity indeed and there certainly aren't that many with the Beeb at the moment.

Just one query about the recordings, won't the show be broadcast soon after each one? For those that aren't nearby, they hopefully won't lose too much if they listen to the show once its out.

I can see it being essential to go to NR and TS as they aren't broadcast and their visual shows.

Yes the shows will be going out the next day, I think, and will be available on 'Listen Again' for a whole week. So after show 1 there'll be no excuse for sending stuff that doesn't fit the format. Also I can't remember if I mentioned that they're only looking for topical stuff from most non-commissioned writers, so don't waste too much energy or effort at this stage trying to come up with formats.
Dave C

thanks Mark and Dave.