British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 829

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2012, 9:48 AM BST

Looks like there's a bit of a costume change coming up!

:O

(I'd rather there was a writing change, but this Costume change looks pretty exciting!)

Probably not what they were going for, but Smith looks a bit like a teddy boy. With a bowtie.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2012, 9:54 AM BST

Some choice line from Douglas Adams. 'Such a wonderful Butler, so violent.'
'You're a very beautiful woman, probably.'

"That's probably the most important punch in the history of mankind."

Weird that the intro was so meh. When the next 3 episodes kicked ass.

Quote: sootyj @ June 8 2012, 12:42 PM BST

"That's probably the most important punch in the history of mankind."

Weird that the intro was so meh. When the next 3 episodes kicked ass.

There was quite a lot of just showing off Paris in Ep 1; it was a big deal that they were abroad at the time!

(on the Eiffel Tower:

Romana: Should we take the lift or fly?
The Doctor: Let's not be ostentatious.
Romana: All right, let's fly, then.
The Doctor: That would look silly. We'll take the lift, come on.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 8 2012, 12:44 PM BST

There was quite a lot of just showing off Paris in Ep 1; it was a big deal that they were abroad at the time!

It was at least 50% of the first few episodes, it also looked like it was shot by someone on holiday, probably the worst camera work I've seen on a Doctor Who episode - and trust me, there have been some shockers.

However, it was very well written when it got going and even the more incidental characters - such as the security expert, the museum guide and da Vinci's guard were all brilliantly realised and extremely funny.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 8 2012, 12:50 PM BST

trust me,

Never, you cad!

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ June 8 2012, 12:50 PM BST

It was at least 50% of the first few episodes, it also looked like it was shot by someone on holiday, probably the worst camera work I've seen on a Doctor Who episode - and trust me, there have been some shockers.

However, it was very well written when it got going and even the more incidental characters - such as the security expert, the museum guide and da Vinci's guard were all brilliantly realised and extremely funny.

It felt a lot like hhg2tg in a good way

Not least of all the way it couldn't be bothered with a contrived plot bit like new who in that regard

Oh and the John Cleese cameo in the art gallery was fantastic.

nb this one is definitely the most reminesent of New Who. Knowingly surreal; style and wit over plot and action.

Interesting it's such a fan favourite?

http://blastr.com/2012/06/1st-clip-from-community-i.php

That was awful

:D

True or false? True or false?

Truuue.

Quote: Nil Putters @ July 4 2012, 6:03 PM BST

True or false? True or false?

I'm going to say false, as his appearance and awesome performance would shit all over every Doctor that has come after him. People would suddenly realise that the show used to be great and everyone would stop buying Matt Smith action figures and burning their Tardis lunch boxes or whatever.

If he does return, it will probably be a voiceover / hologram dealio.