British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 819

Quote: sootyj @ March 21 2012, 2:08 PM GMT

I do think there is a rather dull model of the Dr companion these days as; pseudo girlfriend, pseudo messiah, dim wit who asks obvious questions.

The plots are so incomprehensible, non-sensical and idiotic that you need a character to ask what the hell is going on so the viewers can figure out why they're watching this load of bollox.

Doesn't work though does it?

The Neil Gaiman one was good though.

Quote: sootyj @ March 21 2012, 2:21 PM GMT

The Neil Gaiman one was good though.

I think when you have one decent episode in two series worth of shows and it's written by a non-regular scripwriter who has very little to do with the programme, then you can quite rightly announce that it was a massive success.

I thought the first Moffat series was very good.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 21 2012, 2:33 PM GMT

I think when you have one decent episode in two series worth of shows and it's written by a non-regular scripwriter who has very little to do with the programme, then you can quite rightly announce that it was a massive success.

Yup I also write policy for the Conservatives.

Quote: Harridan @ March 21 2012, 2:37 PM GMT

I thought the first Moffat series was very good.

I found it a mixed bag. Some of the episodes were great like the Weeping Angels but most of the others, including the WW2 Daleks featuring the robot with a heart were unforgiveable.

Oh come on the World WAR 2 Daleks were atleast funny.

Albeit I did want to see them goto the fatty new Daleks.
"You fat bastard! bastard! Who exterminated all the pies!"

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ March 21 2012, 2:39 PM GMT

I found it a mixed bag. Some of the episodes were great like the Weeping Angels but most of the others, including the WW2 Daleks featuring the robot with a heart were unforgiveable.

So there were more than 2 decent episodes over 2 series and some of them were written by the head writer.

I enjoyed the WWII Daleks I thought they were fun.

Quote: Harridan @ March 21 2012, 2:57 PM GMT

So there were more than 2 decent episodes over 2 series and some of them were written by the head writer.

Yes, 2-4 possibly good episodes out of loads - it's a triumph! Those are compartively good - compared to something decent like Battlestar Galactica, Stargate, Star Trek, etc., they are a load of ropey old shit though.

I still watch them because there is very little sci-fi on television and my choice is limited.

Plus as Bill Bailey quite rightly put it 'I am British, therefore I crave disappointment'.

Stargate?! Your whole argument just imploded RC! :D

Quote: Harridan @ March 21 2012, 2:57 PM GMT

Spitfires shooting at flying saucers? The Doctor holding off Daleks with a jammy dodger? FUN!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17460172 (video interview)

She seems alright, although she does say "exciting" alot.

The new companion has to be the fittest yet, with the possible exception of Martha Jones.

I'd give a Dalek alright. Right up the vagina.

I'd like the next assistant to be a lady dalek.

She wasn't bad when I saw her in Waterloo Road, I like her, but we will see.

First official pic.