British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 809

Yeah he's not gone properly dark yet, it would be great if he did. Could be very chilling, 'cos he's a jolly good actor.

Quote: zooo @ January 2 2012, 12:25 AM GMT

Yeah he's not gone properly dark yet, it would be great if he did. Could be very chilling, 'cos he's a jolly good actor.

Well, if they are keeping it cannon then isn't it about time the Valeyard showed up. Wasn't he supposed to be round about eleventh/twelfth incarnation?

Quote: KLRiley @ January 2 2012, 11:39 AM GMT

Well, if they are keeping it cannon then isn't it about time the Valeyard showed up. Wasn't he supposed to be round about eleventh/twelfth incarnation?

No, somewhere between the 12th and 13th/*final* incarnation.

Oh well, that's buggered then.

I had a few quibbles but enjoyed it. My favourite line was the mother telling the kid off for opening the present before Christmas. 'What have I told you about that! This kind of thing was bound to happen.'

Or something along those lines.

Humaney Wumaney mind you..... DG

It was a bit boring, Sentimental stuff was so sickly I needed a bucket to be sick into.

I've lost track now, do we get a new series of this - almost certainly Moff's last - this year or not?

Quote: chipolata @ January 3 2012, 1:42 PM GMT

I've lost track now, do we get a new series of this - almost certainly Moff's last - this year or not?

Yes. Which spreads into next year I think, and then apparently some specials for the 50th anniversary. So you've got Moffat until at least the end of 2013. :)

Summer when he dispatches the Williams. But I've lost track of whether its going to be a whole series or bits thereof.

It'll be in Autumn/Winter.

Quote: KLRiley @ December 26 2011, 10:00 AM GMT

The main thing that bugged me was that three years was supposed to have passed between the spaceman falling out of the sky - The children did not age at all. Given their presumed ages specs @ 10 at start, sister @ 13 there should have been a marked difference in at least their height.

Sorry to drag up this debacle of an embarrassment of a show so late on in the game, but this was my first 'f**k me, this is shit' moment of the Crimbo Doctor Who.

And as sootyj has pointed out - the whole emotion over plot narrative, wishing it all better resolution was just utter bollox.

'All right if we shove a load of alien souls up in your womb love?'

'Yeah, f**k it, why not? Can you paint U-Haul on my ass whilst you're at it?'

And what happened to the rest of the Bomber crew? We only saw Alexander Armstrong (who's career to date is mostly Pointless - sorry couldn't resist). Because his wife didn't know them, did they all die?

My only fear is the writers will run out of ideas to rip off - Narnia, The Christmas Carol, Titanic, etc. - and have to come up with something original for the next Christmas special.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ January 3 2012, 7:46 PM GMT

have to come up with something original for the next Christmas special.

Well he's bound to want to have some WW2 nostalgia, because as we all know, war is fun, plus he'll have a whole bunch of the white stuff falling from the sky; why not have a heart-warming take on the Hiroshima bombing?

I wish they could do a take on Enid Blyton... just think - The toys coming alive in the nursery... Going up the Faraway Tree to the Land of Spells or the Land of Topsy-Turvy... Going to the Rivers, Mountains and Castles of Adventure.

Personally I'd like it revealed that Enid Blyton is an ancient Slitheen fart monster. Sent here to weaken generations of children with her insipid and slyly racist stories. Before getting exterminated or something.

Quote: Miranda Borman @ January 5 2012, 10:58 AM GMT

Going up the Faraway Tree to the Land of Spells or the Land of Topsy-Turvy...

Lovey