British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 803

Quote: sootyj @ November 16 2011, 10:59 AM GMT

I As such an American reboot may encourage it to find it's self again or it may show the way, who knows? Certainly Life on Mars and Lost have shown what more innovative shows can do with time travel.

Soots sweetie, have you seen the US version of Life on Mars?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 16 2011, 11:51 AM GMT

I don't see any evidence that the TV show 'doesn't know what it is', rather some people aren't all that keen on what it is, as is always the way.

No offence to you, Matt, but that's because you don't appear to understand literary and media theory or semiotics. You always attack quantitive analysis or judgement with qualitative and personal remarks such as 'I like it' and 'It's a matter of taste'.

The show is obviously confused in lots of ways. I've given many examples and posted some textural and content analysis throughout this very long thread. Those are the bits that everyone ignores and never comments on.

Right.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ November 16 2011, 5:36 PM GMT

No offence to you, Matt, but that's because you don't appear to understand literary and media theory or semiotics. You always attack quantitive analysis or judgement with qualitative and personal remarks such as 'I like it' and 'It's a matter of taste'.

The show is obviously confused in lots of ways. I've given many examples and posted some textural and content analysis throughout this very long thread. Those are the bits that everyone ignores and never comments on.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ November 16 2011, 6:04 PM GMT

Right.

Pwned!

Can't stand this bl***y silly programme. It all started going downhill after Hartnell left, imo.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/doctorwho/dw/videos/p00m7qjb

What is this Nil - spoiler?? Or what? some more info please before I click?

The jaw-dropper of a Prequel to the Christmas Special, written by Steven Moffat and starring Matt Smith.

I guess it won't be part of the actual episode.

I hope this years is slightly less rubbish than last years flying-shark yawnathon.

'Doctor Who' missing episodes returned to BBC

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 11 2011, 8:54 PM GMT

Much more than we should expect this far down the road.

I notice Steven Moffat had a hand in buggering up the recent Tintin movie which, like most of his Who stuff, had a few good set pieces and a narrative that was all over the place.

Quote: Nil Putters @ December 11 2011, 8:54 PM GMT

Thanks Nil, that's actually brilliant news. Most people seemed to think that nothing was left out there. This brings hope as well as two episodes from shows with nothing but clips.

Chip might find galaxy 4 interesting, it's about a planet of women.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 16 2011, 6:09 PM GMT

Pwned!

Laughing out loud Matt's been my bitch for years - he enjoys it - although I suppose that could be Stockholm Syndrome.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2011, 10:43 AM GMT

Chip might find galaxy 4 interesting, it's about a planet of women.

In which the galaxy is threatened by an army of Bet Lynch clones?

Quote: Godot Taxis @ December 12 2011, 10:43 AM GMT

Thanks Nil, that's actually brilliant news.

No problem. :)