British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 801

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 6 2011, 1:26 PM BST

Moffat's vision of Who is nothing like mine. In my favour is the fact that it seems to be nothing like anyone else's either, but I probably won't watch it next year unless there are some telegraphed changes to my liking or Moffat is eased out.

A shame, because I know a lot about the history of the show and it's meant a lot to me over the years but the last series has been garbage.

I recently caught up with some old friends and we were saying pretty much the same thing.

Quote: zooo @ October 6 2011, 6:06 PM BST

:D
I'm sure it's the perfect film for men with cute likkle musical ponies in their avatars.

I'll take the credit for that avatar, thanks.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 7 2011, 12:07 PM BST

Actually he was nothing like William Hartnell in either looks or manner, but no videotapes of the first Doctors shows had been released at that point so for many he just had to look like the photographs - which he didn't since JNT couldn't cast for shit.

Surname was a close match though. And although insufficiently irascible, he did a good job.

Welcome back Kenneth!

Yeah Hurndall wasn't bad. He played an old man in a frock coat really well. Too bad they didn't show him some Hartnell tapes either.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ October 6 2011, 10:21 PM BST

Yes. I had no idea at the end what was going on.
Timecrimes is another good recent time travel film.

There were about seven this series.

yes, but all of them had a moment where the story ark was forced in to the episode with all the subtlety of a hammer. The stand alone stories where by and large better that the ark ones. I don't want the show to turn into lost.

Just listening to the 2nd part of Blood of the Daleks. "Fish & chips for all..." Laughing out loud

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oKwewRRP3II

Quote: Nil Putters @ October 21 2011, 7:51 PM BST

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=oKwewRRP3II

Oh yeah, that's what I assumed. One more year, which would mean the series that will bridge 2012 and the 2013 50th anniversary; during which he will probably regenerate.

This is all over the internet.

http://www.hollywood.com/news/doctor_who_movie_david_yates/8678804

Yup. They're doing a movie.

Allow me be the first to say: it will be shite.

Ithankyou.

Perhaps they will cast Tom Cruise... Rolling eyes

Of course it *could* be good, but the chances are low.

Let's see if this actually turns out to be true. And I'm sure people are, at different times thinking of making a film out of it, doesn't mean it actually happens.

And if this quote IS true "It needs quite a radical transformation to take it into the bigger arena." Then this man has no idea what he's talking about.

First, obviously someone's been reading my NoNaMoWri. (Just my way of resolving some of the grosser plot problems and Moff's disappearing completely up the River Song story arc.)

Second. Ummmm.... Russell's muttered about a film several times and said about casting Johnny Depp. I would have thought after the complete disaster area that was the McGann film, they would have learnt and will leave well alone. A second failure is not an option. That said, the audio adventures with McGann's Doctor are generally pretty good.

Over to you Matthew...

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ November 14 2011, 8:15 PM GMT

Allow me be the first to say: it will be shite.

Sorry, I said basically the same thing about 3 hours earlier.

Quote: KLRiley @ November 14 2011, 9:22 PM GMT

casting Johnny Depp

Oooh! I'd watch that.

I retract my earlier statement.

It's all just rumours still apparently at this point, it's not definitely going ahead.

I'd choose Michael Fassbender for The Doctor.

Quote: KLRiley @ November 14 2011, 9:22 PM GMT

casting Johnny Depp

Too American