British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 793

If I ever had a chance to write a Robin Hood story I would absolutely not want to 'make it my own, and own the stage' by changing the legend. It's actually a silly thing to do. And Doctor Who - kinda has that status, almost, apart from people recently trying to put their stamp on it, and trying to do it retrospectively creatively, rather than just concentrating on good narrative - which admittedly is harder to do.

But it has always been a series that reinvents itself as it goes along.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ October 1 2011, 2:17 AM BST

But it has always been a series that reinvents itself as it goes along.

I think that's a good thing, but I also think it's very important to keep some fundamentals constant. People would be horrified if instead of a police box he had some kind of futuristic winnebago to travel around in.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ August 27 2011, 8:46 PM BST

If the question turns out to be "Doctor who?" I promise to never watch the show again.

Hmmm...

Massive cop out. Is that the best that Moff could come up with?

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ October 1 2011, 7:50 PM BST

Hmmm...

I was slightly expecting it to be 'Knock knock, who's there?'

Quote: zooo @ October 1 2011, 8:03 PM BST

I was slightly expecting it to be 'Knock knock, who's there?'

It's at that sort of level zooo.

Since Stottie seems to be taking the evening off, I'll chime in.

I though the episode was fantastic. I'm willing to forgive The Gay Knock-Knock Joke Question because it was just so much fun.

Seemed to be a few nods to the detractors as well as the fans in there as well, unless I'm mistaken.

I enjoyed it. The only thing I haven't liked in the last few episodes was the cybermen being killed with love, but that was mainly the shitty overacting of the people in the cybermen costumes clutching their heads and doing roboty jerky dying movements.
That was f**king cringey.

But the rest has been good!

It was fun and I loved the look, it was worth it for the intro alone.

But tonally it was all over the place.

And the Silence are incomprehensible to the point of being boring.

I really was hoping that the original Doctor would die leaving an opening for a female Doctor. They should still do that and make the Doctor Katy Brand.

Quote: William Purry @ October 1 2011, 10:08 PM BST

I really was hoping that the original Doctor would die leaving an opening for a female Doctor. They should still do that and make the Doctor Katy Brand.

It could only improve this overrated burden on my licence fee.

Quote: Will Cam @ October 1 2011, 10:10 PM BST

It could only improve this overrated burden on my licence fee.

It's the only thing I've made an appointment to watch live on TV for a couple of years.

The problem is that you get the impression that Moffat could write any bollocks he wanted. Does anyone at the BBC ever read scripts for established series so that they can say "This is a bit rubbish". If I was anyone senior at the BBC I'd have got hold of Moffat's ideas for this season and simply said "Pretentious and really not good enough, Steve".

I understood most of the episode, but I couldn't understand why the Doctor was playing Chess with Anton Du Beke.