British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 669

Quote: Marc P @ April 26 2011, 10:42 PM BST

Do too.

I post plenty of negative stuff (though they're certainly swamped by the upbeat ones!), but mainly when I think an episode deserves it, I'm not going to be relentlessly negative every episode 'cos plenty of others have that covered! :D It's a show I like so I tend to enjoy the positives.

This episode, for example, I have very little bad to say about it. Other than, perhaps the final cliffhanger was a bit sudden, it seemed to suddenly end; also it seemed odd that Amy had to announce her pregnancy at that moment. Unless there turns out to be some reason for that, then it made no sense. The rest was first rate.

Quote: Griff @ April 26 2011, 9:45 PM BST

I guess no-one will be surprised to learn that Don't Scare The Hare achieved one of the lowest Appreciation Index scores on record, 46. To put that into perspective, even Daybreak gets 58.

From the 5 minutes of weird shit I saw I would be surprised if Don't Scare the Hare doesn't turn into the great cult hit of 2011. It's only problem is that TV Burp is off air.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 10:42 PM BST

Me neither. You certainly seem to have more nits to pick than positives to share though! :D

I'm just disappointed with the Moff not doing smaller self contained stories. But it is the BBC nowadays not what it was so I expect he has less power than in the past. Lets see, I really did enjoy last weeks ep so there is a lot good, I just get bugged on setting up big big big stories that get not so tidily sewn up. I have looked out of my window by the way and the universe is still there - so I am not really scared by the loss of it all the time!

The Big pulse head guys that wipe memories are quite cool though.

*Agrees with Gav & then turns around & forgets everything.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 10:47 PM BST

This episode, for example, I have very little bad to say about it. Other than, perhaps the final cliffhanger was a bit sudden

They should have broadcast the first two episodes as a 90 minute special. Which is what I thought they were going to do.

Quote: chipolata @ April 27 2011, 12:53 PM BST

They should have broadcast the first two episodes as a 90 minute special. Which is what I thought they were going to do.

That would have been good; the end definitely seemed to just suddenly happen. But then, if they had made it a ninety minute special, they would have had to push back that show about dancing that hardly anyone watches.

Actually, why does that dance show get a later slot than Who? Or do they think putting Who before it will in some way help boost the dance shows numbers?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 27 2011, 1:11 PM BST

Actually, why does that dance show get a later slot than Who? Or do they think putting Who before it will in some way help boost the dance shows numbers?

Because Who is a children's programme and many will have to go to bed after?

Errr

Just saying is all...

*Even Stott is able to not rise to the bait*

Apparently, the proper fans have been scouring through series five looking for possible appearances of the Silence, and they reckon they may have found some. Namely, a couple of Amy reaction shots in The Lodger that could be interpreted ambiguously (around the 13-14 and 21-22 minute marks, if you have a copy). Given that Cordon's character is returning (that's right, isn't it?) it's an interesting possibility.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/bbc-america/doctor-who-tv-news/silence-in-the-tardis/56074

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 28 2011, 12:02 PM BST

Apparently, the proper fans have been scouring through series five looking for possible appearances of the Silence, and they reckon they may have found some. Namely, a couple of Amy reaction shots in The Lodger that could be interpreted ambiguously (around the 13-14 and 21-22 minute marks, if you have a copy). Given that Cordon's character is returning (that's right, isn't it?) it's an interesting possibility.

http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/bbc-america/doctor-who-tv-news/silence-in-the-tardis/56074

Does that mean that I'll be able to watch James Corden and then my memory will be instantly wiped? Oh yes, please! Bring on the Silence!

Ooh, that's very interesting! Moffat did say recently that this year would make you watch certain things last year in a new light. He really has been playing the long game.

Quote: Kevin Murphy @ April 28 2011, 12:02 PM BST

Apparently, the proper fans have been scouring through series five looking for possible appearances of the Silence, and they reckon they may have found some. Namely, a couple of Amy reaction shots in The Lodger that could be interpreted ambiguously (around the 13-14 and 21-22 minute marks, if you have a copy). Given that Cordon's character is returning (that's right, isn't it?) it's an interesting possibility. http://tvovermind.zap2it.com/cable/bbc-america/doctor-who-tv-news/silence-in-the-tardis/56074

Laughing out loud The "proper fans"? That's one way to describe them.

This discussion is making long for the days that a drunk Pertwee of Baker would stagger on. A pretty girl in dayglo clothes would scream.
And half a dozen Luvvies from Rada dressed as redshirts would be wiped out by a stunt man in a duvet cover using chromakey.

Oh and the Master would turn someone into a rubbish porcelean toy whilst a Dalek got stuck in a door.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 28 2011, 12:20 PM BST

Ooh, that's very interesting! Moffat did say recently that this year would make you watch certain things last year in a new light. He really has been playing the long game.

RTD started it. Bad Wolf in series 1? Atmos and Harold Saxon?

I know Moff is very clever and (without immodesty) so am I but I really don't want to have to work too hard at watching drama. An intelligent plot with an internal logic is all for which I ask.