British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 667

Quote: AngieBaby @ April 26 2011, 3:52 PM BST

Do we know for sure that River isn't the Doctor?

Which brings me to my next point, I think the next Dr Who will be female.

No. We don't know anything for sure. For all we know Amy Pond is the doctor and everything that has been happening is happening in a dream between transitions. The stories are metaphors to shake her back from the coma she has been put into by the Master. Bit like life on Mars - except it's other planets in time and space as well.

So you could be right!

Which brings me to my next point, I think the next Dr Who will be female.

If she is, why didn't she regenerate in the library?

last regenration

Her card was out of date so she couldn't renew.

Quote: KLRiley @ April 26 2011, 3:56 PM BST

If she is, why didn't she regenerate in the library?

I don't think she is the Doctor; but if she were, then she could have been his final regeneration, so would die.

So if the older doctor sent out invites to his younger self and Riversong, who then both turn up together, how could the older Doctor have known 'when' she was, if his timeline hadn't got to her yet?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 26 2011, 3:58 PM BST

I don't think she is the Doctor; but if she were, then she could have been his final regeneration, so would die.

Whatever. I don't think she is the Doctor either. But this universe has been rebooted so anything can happen.

Quote: Nogget @ April 26 2011, 4:00 PM BST

So if the older doctor sent out invites to his younger self and Riversong, who then both turn up together, how could the older Doctor have known 'when' she was, if his timeline hadn't got to her yet?

Psychic paper usually gets blamed.

The sort of paper with microscopic dots of something beginning with L?

Quote: Nogget @ April 26 2011, 4:00 PM BST

River is in prison, this older Doctor would only have had to pop back to one of the years she was in jail and dropped off the invite. The older Doctor will know all about River, it's his current, younger self who is more clueless about her.

Since the show has aimed younger and younger each year a woman doctor would mean an actress in her mid twenties.

'Doctor Who' breaks BBC America record

That's given me an idea for some seriously f**ked up slash fiction, cheers.

Quote: chipolata @ April 26 2011, 1:06 PM BST

That's Godot. You should see him in a chainmail bikini. :$

Yeah that's me, Princess Leia. I've been dancing for you cantina f**ks for years. And I've been getting through twice as much Ambre Solaire since moving to Tatooine.

Anyway, if we are watching in the Doctor's timeline and River is always younger than she was when she died, why does she look a teeny bit older every time we see her?

Dr Who aside, the line up on BBC 1 on Saturday was amazingly poor. It's little wonder so many millions turned on specifically for Who, then turned back off again once it was done.