British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 631

Quote: john lucas 101 @ April 12 2011, 3:27 PM BST

I literally haven't got a clue who, if anybody, 'dies'. Merely pointing out the empty gesture that it is.

If you say so!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ April 12 2011, 3:29 PM BST

If you say so!

I bloody do!

Quote: Griff @ April 12 2011, 3:29 PM BST

I believe they're going to take us on another 'amazing journey' this year etc.

What's wrong with that, you grumpy Gus?!

Quote: Griff @ April 12 2011, 3:32 PM BST

The relentless hyping and meaningless spiel they throw out every year is one of the most depressing ingredients of the constant PR bombardment for this show. Just make the programs and shut the f**k up.

Yes, much better to go back to when they didn't even bother advertising the thing!

It's only on because so many people watch it, they have to do what they can to keep that audience interested; nowt wrong with that.

I wish they weren't going to America. It always feels naff and out of sync when they cross the pond. Except that Dalek episode, but that could just have easily been set in the Lake District.

Yes. With you on that one Chip. Riley Minor showed me the BBC America version of the trailer and the focus is unsurprisingly on the eps in the US. I just hope that the idea is not to 'break the USA' because it will change the emphasis of the programme but I'm sure I saw an interview with RTD at one point which implied he still had his hands on any putative film version of DW and he was muttering about Johnny Depp as the Doctor. I just feel that taking it to a bigger US audience is a step on the way to casting a biggish American name in the lead.

Quote: Griff @ April 12 2011, 3:14 PM BST

We don't know who dies Nil. But Moffatt has said one of the main four characters dies in the opening episode. (Obviously whoever it is will be brought back to life with a lame quip and an irritating glissando from Murray Gold in the final episode but that's by the by). As for spoilers, who posted the Cyberman photo? EH? EH?!!

Ha, well the pictures not really a spoiler, just a tease. ;) :P

Quote: Griff @ April 12 2011, 3:52 PM BST

Don't you feel even a little bit queasy reading cliched guff like

"It's thrilling and chilling. This is the Doctor's darkest hour... he'll rise higher than ever before and then fall so much further..."

on every page of every news media for months on end every year?

Especially when you eventually tune in and find yourself watching that bollocks with Meera Syal and the Silurians?

I don't feel queasy reading promo guff about any programme!

As a fan, I'm happy they try to promote it as much as possible; as they should.

Plus some weeks, you don't tune into guff like the Silurian one, you tune into the Angel's two parter instead.

Who cares, who dies?
New Who has proved that the dead always come back. River Song IS dead. Rory and Amy died last series. Gallifrey and the Daleks were destroyed in the Time War, but survived. Rose went to a parallel universe, but came back. The Master died, and came back. K9 died. The Tenth Doctor was exterminated, and should have died.
Russell T Davis and Steven Moffat can't kill anyone.

Quote: Griff @ April 12 2011, 3:14 PM BST

We don't know who dies Nil. But Moffatt has said one of the main four characters dies in the opening episode. (Obviously whoever it is will be brought back to life with a lame quip and an irritating glissando from Murray Gold in the final episode but that's by the by). As for spoilers, who posted the Cyberman photo? EH? EH?!!

The first episode could be set in the future, and the rest of the series, in the past!

Quote: chipolata @ April 12 2011, 3:40 PM BST

I wish they weren't going to America. It always feels naff and out of sync when they cross the pond. Except that Dalek episode, but that could just have easily been set in the Lake District.

Planet of the Dead could have been filmed on Blackpool beach!

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=35083

Quote: Nil Putters @ April 12 2011, 9:21 PM BST
http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansites/rorschachsrants/news/?a=35083

:O:O

Quote: Charlie Boy @ April 12 2011, 5:22 PM BST

Who cares, who dies?
New Who has proved that the dead always come back. River Song IS dead. Rory and Amy died last series. Gallifrey and the Daleks were destroyed in the Time War, but survived. Rose went to a parallel universe, but came back. The Master died, and came back. K9 died. The Tenth Doctor was exterminated, and should have died.
Russell T Davis and Steven Moffat can't kill anyone.

It's true. Unfortunately, New Who has got into a terrible pickle where death doesn't mean anything any more because resurrections are so commonplace. If you want people to be emotionally engaged in a will-they-won't-they die storyline, you have to at least let a few of them die every now and then, properly, or else you shouldn't play the emotional trick of "killing" them in the first place.

Matt Smith is the best Doctor ever. But so far, he has been let down.

Looking forward to the new series, natch. :)

That poster looks fake to me.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 13 2011, 11:53 AM BST

Well done, the page has been updated.

Update: Apparently this is a fake, and is in fact fan made.

Quote: hotzappa11 @ April 13 2011, 11:53 AM BST

Its from THE MATRIX. What's so scary about Tennant? He's a wimp!