British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 586

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 10:07 AM BST

RTD actually addressed that in his book, that to many it must look like he didn't now what he was doing, but that he didn't care! :D

What an arrogant little f**ker that man is!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 30 2010, 10:08 AM BST

What an arrogant little f**ker that man is!

BIG f**ker, he's huge!

Plus his way seemed to work for many, he made the show quite popular.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 10:10 AM BST

BIG f**ker, he's huge!

Plus his way seemed to work for many, he made the show quite popular.

Oh, don't get me wrong, I have big repect for the man, taking Who to where he did. Being popular, and that. He just did always seem a little too pleased with himself.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 9:41 AM BST

Not that there weren't head scratching bits, such as the Pandorica suddenly being able to fly. Unless I missed previous mention of this, or an explanation.

I just assumed it was now able to fly because The Doctor had wired it into the Vortex Manipulator thing strapped to his wrist...

Anyway... Loved it... Can't wait for Christmas...

Oh god. If they feel they have to get rid of simple sayings like 'something old, something new' because some kids don't understand them, it's going to be terrible.

Quote: KJSmyling @ June 30 2010, 10:15 AM BST

I just assumed it was now able to fly because The Doctor had wired it into the Vortex Manipulator thing strapped to his wrist...

Exactly. I don't understand what the big drama is.

Quote: zooo @ June 30 2010, 10:55 AM BST

Exactly. I don't understand what the big drama is.

No drama, just that you weren't told I suppose, you had to assume.

It's no big drama, just I think a story should have a certain coherence and logic. If the Doctor gets out of too many scrapes with a nonsensical Deus Ex Machina then I feel cheated. These people get paid a lot of money, so at least keep to the fundamentals of good storytelling.

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 11:16 AM BST

It's no big drama, just I think a story should have a certain coherence and logic. If the Doctor gets out of too many scrapes with a nonsensical Deus Ex Machina then I feel cheated. These people get paid a lot of money, so at least keep to the fundamentals of good storytelling.

And Annie Wilkes from Misery agrees with me on this!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 11:03 AM BST

No drama, just that you weren't told I suppose, you had to assume.

You wish to be spoon fed everything?

I prefer it when a writer credits me with a little intelligence and does not treat me like an American.

Riversong: He's wired the vortex manipulator into the pandorica.
Amy: You mean...?
Riversong: Yes, the time dilation caused by the gravitation flux will reverse the transient time coils.
Rory: You mean...?
Riversong: Yes, (to camera)and this is for you Matthew Stott of chipping norton, THE PANDORICA CAN FLY!
Amy: Can we get back to what little plot there is rather than all this dull exposition?
Riversong: Not yet, I have to explain to Matthew how I got this smudge on my cheek.....
(Amy and Rory sit down and take out magazines. The Doctor dies. What little audience there is left turns off.)

Quote: KJSmyling @ June 30 2010, 12:26 PM BST

You wish to be spoon fed everything? I prefer it when a writer credits me with a little intelligence and does not treat me like an American. Riversong: He's wired the vortex manipulator into the pandorica. Amy: You mean...? Riversong: Yes, the time dilation caused by the gravitation flux will reverse the transient time coils. Rory: You mean...? Riversong: Yes, (to camera)and this is for you Matthew Stott of chipping norton, THE PANDORICA CAN FLY! Amy: Can we get back to what little plot there is rather than all this dull exposition? Riversong: Not yet, I have to explain to Matthew how I got this smudge on my cheek..... (Amy and Rory sit down and take out magazines. The Doctor dies. What little audience there is left turns off.)

You're completely missing the point. There were gaping plot holes in the finale. But apparently that's okay and if anybody dares point this out they're a killjoy moron who wants everything spoonfed them. :S

Quote: KJSmyling @ June 30 2010, 12:26 PM BST

You wish to be spoon fed everything?

Yes, I'm stupid.

Quote: chipolata @ June 30 2010, 12:40 PM BST

You're completely missing the point. There were gaping plot holes in the finale. But apparently that's okay and if anybody dares point this out they're a killjoy moron who wants everything spoonfed them. :S

Okay... I've watched Doctor who since the days of Pertwee and there's always been gaping plot holes. Hitchhikers has gaping plot holes, Blakes 7 has gaping plot holes, The Prisoner has gaping plot holes, most made for TV British sci-fi has gaping plot holes it's the nature of the beast, it's what makes it British sci-fi and that won't change until the system changes to writing teams rather than single writer, which I hope it doesn't because then you end up with the souless tripe dished out by of neighbours across the pond.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 30 2010, 12:45 PM BST

Yes, I'm stupid.

I never knew you were American. You don't come across as a colonial in your videos.

[quote name="KJSmyling" post="635393" date="June 30 2010, 12:58 PM BST] you end up with the souless tripe dished out by of neighbours across the pond.
[/quote]
BSG, Firefly, Bewitched!

Watched some of BSG but it left me cold not a patch on the original.

On the whole projects that are single writer/creater led, West Wing, lost etc outshine the factory produced writing team stuff. You only have to look at My Family...

Quote: KJSmyling @ June 30 2010, 1:15 PM BST

Laughing out loud

Quote: KJSmyling @ June 30 2010, 1:15 PM BST

Laughing out loud Laughing out loud