British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 583

Quote: Gavin @ June 27 2010, 7:29 PM BST

6! No way I'm below Putters. The Jam loving bastard.

You lost points by prefering the last episode to the one before it.

Quote: Nil Putters @ June 27 2010, 7:31 PM BST

Don't Start! on me. :P

I had mixed feelings about the final episode. It was great to have such an ambitiously convoluted plot, but that did mean that much of the action just involved the characters shunting around in time posting notes and nicking drinks and stuff. The 'fossilised' Dalek coming to life was a nice touch, but didn't really go anywhere. It was mightily convenient that the Pandorica brought Amy back to life, although the explanation was almost reasonable. Perhaps what was needed was to make it a 3-parter to better explore all the things which were happening.

Quote: chipolata @ June 27 2010, 6:49 PM BST

Scores for Doctor Who Thread opinions

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

:)

Seems fair.

Thanks!

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

I'll '3' you, mister!

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 28 2010, 10:34 AM BST

I'll '3' you, mister!

You'd have got more, but for your potty mouth!

Matt Smith at Glasto with Orbital( second screen down):

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10430391.stm

Fuller version here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJaZMCoNO6k&feature=player_embedded

MARC P - 8
GAVIN - 6
GODOT'S TAXIS - 8
NOGGET - 5
JOHN LUCAS 101 - 3
NIL PUTTERS - 7
ZOO - 1
CHIP - 10
MATTHEW STOTT - 0

I'm not happy with 8/10 I wrote this after ep 1 of the Hungry Earth:

Quote: Godot Taxis @ May 30 2010, 12:25 AM BST

"And so it came to be that the Golden One whom they had anointed to lead them out of the camp circus know as the Tennant Era revealed himself to be just as clueless as their earlier guide and just as fond of stupid declamatory, rhetorical voice-overs

and their respect for him was gone in the blink of an eye and their gaze upon him was as stone and they realised that he was good at penning the odd episode but hadn't got a f**king clue how to do a season

and they knew then that he had relied too much on the sonic screwdriver, and it had all started to go wrong in Venice and although he had chosen actors wisely he had allowed simpletons to write and direct and it was going to get even worse next week

when the skunkhead policeman from Ideal was going to play Van Gogh, and Bill Nighy was going to do his creepy posh man impression and the words of fans saying 'no more f**king historical stories featuring famous people who turn out to be aliens' had fallen on deaf ears

and so they walked away

the child inside them feeling emptier than ever..."

And where's Kenneth - he's done a few good ones. And Stott's not worth a '0'.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 28 2010, 5:25 PM BST

I'm not happy with 8/10 I wrote this after ep 1 of the Hungry Earth:

And where's Kenneth - he's done a few good ones. And Stott's not worth a '0'.

Your not happy with 8, I got 6! outrageous I will have to double my efforts next year.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ June 28 2010, 5:25 PM BST

And Stott's not worth a '0'.

Just come right out and admit you want to have sex with me whilst dressed as McCoy, you'll feel better for it Mr Grumpy Boots.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 28 2010, 5:43 PM BST

Just come right out and admit you want to have sex with me whilst dressed as McCoy, you'll feel better for it Mr Grumpy Boots.

Dammit JIM!

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 26 2010, 2:37 PM BST

You can always rely on me to comment on your posts, someone has to persistently point out your wrongness! But you can hardly be surprised if one or two people didn't want to. I'm pretty sure one or two people ignore me, certainly seems that way with one poster from the amount of times I quoted their posts with replies recently that are then never commented on by the original poster. Can't say I'm bothered.

That's not me is it?
*Checks previous posts.

No.

I just checked.
I haven't had anything worth quoting for over 200 pages.