British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 546

Maybe RTD is actually a nazi?

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 3:19 PM BST

You just want to see him in leather jackboots, don't you Sooty?

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 3:19 PM BST

Hm, plus he'd worked with RTD before, on Second Coming, and liked the experience enough to contact RTD to ask to be considered for New Who.

That was ITV.

Quote: zooo @ June 15 2010, 2:31 PM BST

He was rubbish anyway, no loss. :)

Lies!

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 3:26 PM BST

That was ITV.

Yes? I was talking about the idea that he didn't like the gay folk.

Maybe he's not keen on the way the BBC run things?

It's probably just the usual stuff about the channel trying to interfere and take the show in a different direction to what the makers wanted. After all, bringing back DW was a big thing for the BBC so I suspect they kept RTD on a short leash.

I think that's the first time I've read or heard CE talking about Who since he left.

Quote: chipolata @ June 15 2010, 3:31 PM BST

It's probably just the usual stuff about the channel trying to interfere and take the show in a different direction to what the makers wanted. After all, bringing back DW was a big thing for the BBC so I suspect they kept RTD on a short leash.

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be it.

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 3:34 PM BST

I'm pretty sure that wouldn't be it.

Tell us what it is then Marc! All this guessing isn't good for me!

Quote: Badge @ June 15 2010, 3:10 PM BST

Good to see you being open-minded about his possible reasons, zooo!

I haven't said anywhere that that's what I believe his reasons were!

In fact, what do you even mean by 'that'. I haven't said anything if you read it again. You can't blame me for what you're inferring.

So, ner.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ June 15 2010, 3:29 PM BST

Lies!

Yes? I was talking about the idea that he didn't like the gay folk.

There are no gays at ITV, it's in their founding charter.

I don't know lol.

He says he didn't enjoy the environment that the cast and crew had to work in. That seems to be a criticism of either the production team or the BBC. Depends on what he means by crew. What it definitely doesn't mean is that he didn't get on with Billie or he didn't like the scripts or stories.

Of course he could mean 'environment' in a more figurative sense, but I think he means the actual filming environment. Again, Eccleston is not really a prima donna actor so I don't think he's complaining about being given 8 Ace instead of Stella.

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 3:42 PM BST

There are no gays at ITV, it's in their founding charter.

Are you outing Ant and Dec as straight?! :O

Quote: sootyj @ June 15 2010, 3:19 PM BST

Or Slitheen. Which could make sense of the comment about the "environment" the cast and crew had to work in.