British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 544

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 12:17 PM BST

He was soitting things out in the first ep

Filthy habit, soitting.

He should quit soitting it's true.

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 12:17 PM BST

He was spitting things out in the first ep hasn't done so since until this ep. Timey wimey has gone wibbly wobbly you ask me! :)

He just didn't like the wine, it's not that weird, surely!

Quote: Marc P @ June 15 2010, 12:22 PM BST

He should quit soitting it's true.

Or at least get a soittoon.

Yes Matthew he is a Time Lord, Time Lords do not go around spitting out food or wine! It is very bad manners and The Doctor is a gentleman!!!

*Spits at Marc P*

*But hits Chip*

*But the rebound takes out Marc P, too*

Quote: Gavin @ June 15 2010, 12:10 PM BST

That's not true though is it? He can remember the Assistants and how to pilot the Tardis.

'Tis true, but the writers have conveniently ignored it.

Comes down to whether or not one believes the books and TV show to be separate entities.

Quote: don rushmore @ June 15 2010, 12:25 PM BST

'Tis true, but the writers have conveniently ignored it.

Comes down to whether or not one believes the books and TV show to be separate entities.

I believe what seem logical to me. What function would regeneration serve if the Doctor became a blank slate every time?? It'd offer no opportunity for higher learning or extend their life.

Quote: Gavin @ June 15 2010, 12:10 PM BST

That's not true though is it? He can remember the Assistants and how to pilot the Tardis.

Regeneration changes the Doctor's personality and can also cause mood swings and affect his memory. It doesn't cause him to forget everything from all but his previous incarnation.

Quote: Kenneth @ June 15 2010, 12:36 PM BST

Regeneration changes the Doctor's personality and can also cause mood swings and affect his memory. It doesn't cause him to forget everything from all but his previous incarnation.

That's what I was getting at but it was suggested he forgets knowledge as well.

Or perhaps he was just being scatty.

Reading between the lines I wonder what Mister Ecclestone isn't telling us??

Maybe just the day to day slog of being in every scene almost for nine months was too much? He couldn't face two years of doing that? Or he wanted to cry when he realised he'd be appearing opposite farting aliens??

I bet there's some quite juicy stuff to be revealed about it all one day though.

He was rubbish anyway, no loss. :)

Quote: zooo @ June 15 2010, 2:31 PM BST

He was rubbish anyway, no loss. :)

Shut it! :P