British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 529

Will that final episode be called, Captain Jack's Crack Attacks!

Yeah but it'll be cak & get lots of flak.

Yeh but the Jack's Crack Snack on Cack.

You can get "smack" in there too, surely.

Quote: sootyj @ June 9 2010, 8:51 PM BST

The return was part of an indegistably self indulgent load of shite.

Parts of it were, that long run to each other for instance, but the regeneration cliffhanger was brilliant and pulled in over 10 million viewers for the second part of the finale. The whole beach scene at the end was ridiculous though, but I guess the problem with bringing Rose back was what are you going to do with her at the end? Killing her off would have been a bit much, particularly with what was planned for Donna.

I actually liked the Rose coming back arc, especially seeing her on the television screen during the terrific 'Midnight', it's more the romantic part I hated. I'm like a broken record, but it completely undermined Martha's character in season three and is the single biggest mistake RTD made, ignoring the season 3 finale.

If they'd had a boy instead of Martha (yet ANOTHER girl fancying him) it would have been fine.

For those of you wondering what David Tennant was up to:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10272352.stm

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 10 2010, 2:06 PM BST

I wasn't, thanks. Although it does look like the poor bastard is heading for Hasbeen Hotel pretty sharpish.

Quote: chipolata @ June 10 2010, 2:53 PM BST

I wasn't, thanks. Although it does look like the poor bastard is heading for Hasbeen Hotel pretty sharpish.

I loved Fright Night as a teenager! Had a great werewolf transformation in it.

Fright Night is brilliant.
It is (terrifyingly) now 25 years old, so I suppose it's not too bad an idea to remake it.

I see Tennant more as that mysterious new vampire next door, rather than the role he's actually going to do. But it could be good!

Quote: David Bussell @ June 10 2010, 4:35 PM BST

I loved Fright Night as a teenager! Had a great werewolf transformation in it.

I too enjoyed it, Bussell, but I fear remakes. Especially as the charm of the original was that it was quite restrained. A new one would just chuck CGI at the screen.

Quote: john lucas 101 @ June 10 2010, 2:06 PM BST

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment_and_arts/10272352.stm

Pity that Hollywood writers are so devoid of ideas that they just keep remaking old films.

Well there's only one thing from the pre season trailer that I haven't seen in the series yet.
So It gives an idea of who might be in the finale.
As does one of the upcoming episode titles which I shouldn't have really looked at.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ June 10 2010, 8:52 PM BST

Well there's only one thing from the pre season trailer that I haven't seen in the series yet. So It gives an idea of who might be in the finale. As does one of the upcoming episode titles which I shouldn't have really looked at.

If you want to be surprised, I wouldn't watch Doctor Who.

Laughing out loud