British Comedy Guide

Doctor Who... Page 456

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2010, 8:09 PM BST

She's trying to escape!

In a slaggy way. Accept it.
;)

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:10 PM BST

. It felt totally out of character and stupid.

Out of character for the show or for her? Because it in no way felt out of character for Amy, but I can understand people thinking it has no place in Who. It probably fealt weirder too just because it was a sudden swith of tone from what had just happened.

Yeah, a massive switch in tone. And a bit too sexual for the programme. And a bit too sexual for her character too I thought. Trying to kiss him maybe, but she was like, f**k me now bad boy.

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:10 PM BST

In a slaggy way. Accept it.
;)

I dunno, wanting to have sex with someone you're a bit obsessed with doesn't seem all that slaggy. Obviously not very nice to her fiance of course! Maybe he should dump her. :)

He should, but I'm sure he won't!
He's not 'good looking' apparently, so he has to be grateful for her bothering with him. (In TV world).

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:13 PM BST

He should, but I'm sure he won't!

I get the feeling that in the same way Amy's a bit obsessed with the Doctor, Rory is a bit obsessed with her, having grown up with her, and would overlook her possible many indiscretions over the years. So he's a bit of a sucker type blokey. He would even dress up as the Doctor when they were growing up to make her happy. Bit weird.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2010, 8:18 PM BST

I get the feeling that in the same way Amy's a bit obsessed with the Doctor, Rory is a bit obsessed with her, having grown up with her, and would overlook her possible many indiscretions over the years. So he's a bit of a sucker type blokey. He would even dress up as the Doctor when they were groing up to make her happy. Bit weird.

Yes, exactly.

A little bit like Sally Sparrow's (by the end) boyfriend. Even looks like him.

I'm glad, rather than just little hints, like in previous years, they're already brining the arc of the series under the spotlight a little. It would have been a bit duff if you'd just seen a crack every episode, then the Doctor suddenly realises there have been these cracks everywhere in the last story, as has happened a bit in previous series.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ May 1 2010, 8:18 PM BST

I get the feeling that in the same way I'm a bit obsessed with the Doctor, Rory is a bit obsessed with her, having grown up with her, and would overlook her possible many indiscretions over the years. So he's a bit of a sucker type blokey.

Whistling nnocently :P :D ;)

Quote: Nil Putters @ May 1 2010, 8:20 PM BST

Whistling nnocently :P :D ;)

Angry :P

:D Console

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:12 PM BST

Yeah, a massive switch in tone. And a bit too sexual for the programme. And a bit too sexual for her character too I thought.

I thought it was a theme that has been running through this whole series; Amy and her massive crack.

Laughing out loud

Tee hee!

I hate hearing (possible) spoilers. I just heard a weird rumour about something in this series, I won't say what obviously, especially as it was probably made up on the spot!
But it wasn't even on a Dr Who related thread, so I couldn't have avoided it if I'd tried. Bums.

Quote: zooo @ May 1 2010, 8:48 PM BST

Tee hee!

I hate hearing (possible) spoilers. I just heard a weird rumour about something in this series, I won't say what obviously, especially as it was probably made up on the spot!
But it wasn't even on a Dr Who related thread, so I couldn't have avoided it if I'd tried. Bums.

PM me it please, I don't think spoilers/rumours/ideas. :D