British Comedy Guide

After You've Gone - Christmas Special

Awful. Lame joke after lame joke. I laughed about three times - in forty five minutes - at Alex, but apart from that, it was terrible. I cringed a lot.

I thought I'd make the effort but wasn't that impressed although Celia Imrie made it almost watchable.

One joke made me chuckle.

Though I can't remember it so it must have been only slightly above the other guff they dished up.

Danni Harmer can't act. The lad is creepy - like a haunted ventriloquist dummy. The girlfriend looked as ill as the script.

Ouch! :O

I quite enjoyed it. Some ups and some downs. Just what you'd expect from a prime time mainstream sitcom.

And it was the right length for an Xmas special. Like Not Going Out should have been.

Quote: zooo @ December 23, 2007, 10:54 PM

Ouch! :O

I quite enjoyed it. Some ups and some downs. Just what you'd expect from a prime time mainstream sitcom.

Sad but true. This IS what we expect.

Where were the funny bits? Wasn’t exactly to biggest fan of “After you’ve Gone” but the second series was OK but this was just………..Hardly worth commenting on.

Was alright, Not tear streaming funny but not entirely without form. A good effort there were some bit that I did think were funny.

Again a bit of a victim of 'the cutting room floor' I think, loads of funnier Kev content appeared to have been lost, as had the whole of act 1 of the play, and most of the dinner/turkey scene.

I still liked it though.

Really great show - though I'm not a fan of Kev he seems to be creeping into it more and more and he's one of my least favourite parts!

Hope the show returns to form in the next series, as it had lost a little of its shine in the Christmas special I felt.

While I enjoyed the AYG Christmas Special I did think it was weak in places especially the scenes with Jimmy and Diana arguing which slowed down the action. Some jokes were great such as Diana's reaction to Jimmy's Christmas decorating and Alex in the dog costume, the writer seems to love putting him in costumes.

Hope Series Three can improve upon a mediocre Christmas Special.

I have hopes for series three, but they're not very high. :O

I missed this programme, I thought it was on christmas day.

Quote: jake how @ December 27, 2007, 1:54 PM

I missed this programme, I thought it was on christmas day.

If you want to see it there's still three days left to view it on BBC iPlayer... http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/search/?q=after+you%27ve+gone

Thanks.

I, for one, enjoyed it. It wasn't as good as most of the episodes in the second series but I laughed quite a bit. That said, some parts of it were fairly predictable and Kev does my head in. I get the feeling they want him to be their answer to Trigger but Lee Oakes is no Roger Lloyd Pack. As ever, Ryan Sampson (Alex) got all the best lines.